Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The life of a hell cat..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Lil & Kupcake! So all orange cats can't be female?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, we really want to get another one. But we tried it once before and the little princess wasn't having it. She's spoiled rotten as an only child and insisted on it staying that way. She's also strictly an indoor cat, even though she has all of her claws,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Thanks for the info Lil & Kupcake! So all orange cats can't be female?
    Nope! Orange cats can be female. If a female cat is orange then both the X chromosomes have the O gene for orange. If one of their X chromosomes doesn't have the O gene, then it will be calico. So its more rare than calico, but not impossible.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by massmorels View Post
    yeah, we really want to get another one. But we tried it once before and the little princess wasn't having it. She's spoiled rotten as an only child and insisted on it staying that way. She's also strictly an indoor cat, even though she has all of her claws,
    Ya, once they pass 10 months, they can get really intolerant of others (our older cat is very intolerant!), especially kittens :P All of our cats have their claws too, I personally believe its inhumane to declaw cats and to put domestic cats outside (that is my own personal opinion). Good for you for keeping an indoor cat!
    ~~Kupcake
    Children are not just born to us, but found in windows and rescues. ~ Me

Visit my Green Thumb blog at:
    http://kupcakesgreenadventures.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupcake View Post
    I personally believe its inhumane to declaw cats and to put domestic cats outside (that is my own personal opinion). Good for you for keeping an indoor cat!
    I hold the same exact opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree about the indoor/outdoor cat issue. My cat, Smokey has never been declawed and only uses his scratching post. BTW, mass, those roaches are way cool but a little creepy. Maybe knowing how well they would survive if we as a species didn't adds to that. Thanks for sharing these pics!
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roaches are good for you! Well, our carnivorous terrarium pets anyway. I haven't tasted a hisser or a dubia!

Yeah, cats seem to be fine if they were raised together When i got my little tuxedo cat (Flash) I also got his brother from the litter with him who was an orange tabby (Red). They played all day and night and then Red ate something while i was off at work and when I came home he was just about dead. I took him to the 24 Hour ER Vet who told me he could do an immediate exploratory surgery for "around $3000" but no guarantee he could get him fixed up depending what was wrong. So After a month or so of Flash being all alone I went out and adopted Anna but they don't run and play together like the two brothers did. They like to irritate each other but only rarely do they play and not wind up one mad at the other.

Mine go outside most of the day since I leave the sliding patio door open from about April - October. They run in and out and eventually figured out how to get down to the ground from the second floor balcony (by shimmying up/down the drainpipe). I buy my cats wheat/oat grass seed to grow and eat and they don't mess with my ornamental plants at all except my dwarf variegated Phalaris grass, they mowed that stuff down in a week!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12