What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Bugs & Hamburger

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I was asking a Home Depot co-worker from the garden department if there were any, besides a botanist, others that knew anything about plants, as opposed to lawn mowers, snow blowers, etc... I was told that there is a new hire that does. So I found the new hire and asked her if she knew anything about carnivorous plants. She went on to tell me about the need to feed VFT's dead bugs and hamburger. Okay.... well that was a major disappointment!

jimscott said:
She went on to tell me about the need to feed VFT's dead bugs and hamburger.

Just like how they grow 20 feet tall, live in Madagascar's shady jungles, and feast on the local inhabitants! ;)

they need their mickey d's fix hahaha

You work there? I bet they don't have any problems with death cubes with you around! I've sent a complain to the head lowes office about the condition of the plants at my lowes.. I pretty much got back a form letter.

edit: I think I'm misinterpreting "co-worker." :blush:

I don't see the problem - it isn't as if people eat right either. Why should people's plants be any healthier than the people?

Still, it's as to suggesting a kid should eat burgers made out of dead flies, caterpillars, moths and spiders. It's a pretty big leap from mostly protein insect to fatty mammal.

It's so funny when people try to tell you things that they know nothing about.

I've told this story here before but it kind of fits.

I used to sell cp's at a flea market. There were so many dumb remarks that people would say. The one that sticks out the most was from a nerdy looking guy. He stopped and looked at the VFT's.

He said "Wow, Venus Flytraps. I didn't know they still made those."
I said "They are not made, they are grown. They're a plant."
He say's "Oh they make em in a greenhouse?"
I said "Yes they make em in a greenhouse."

He walked away while I unsuccessfully tried my best not to laugh at his ignorance.

I love to tell about that militia guy I worked with who insisted everything on earth was some communist plot and the only reason a young adult like me would be interested in growing pitcher plants is cos I must be able to get high off of them! LOL

He also said: "I've never set foot in a bookstore, what would I do in there?"???

Last edited:
CP's are sooooo misunderstood!

Back