What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Countertop Water Distillers

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
Are you sure that "purified" means RO or other low-TDS water? It should for that price, but it could just mean that they filter VOCs, etc.

Thanks, Warren. I'll research this further.

Bruce, it's the real deal. They even have a dispenser for "added minerals"; i.e, Calcium and other "salts".

I wish my employer would be willing to part with the "expired" WFI that gets poured down the drain.

I was going to use the water from my newly installed AC unit as somone suggested, but the TDS meter reads it at 95. I'll check it again in a month or so.

Forget the distiller and the 59 cent water. I was talking with my bosses boss, asking him if he knew who my old boss talked to about the water that led him to decide that I couldn't take it home. He didn't know but he shared with me that he takes home "expired media", which is the same concept. He's willing to sign off on the "property removal" form. I also talked to the plant safety officer and he has no problem with it. I have what I need for free, pure water!

Back