User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Going to lacps/bacps meetings in 2 weekends?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to lacps/bacps meetings in 2 weekends?

I want to go to some CP society meeting. I'm trying to decide if I want to drive 2 hours to get up to LA and go to the lacps meeting and drive back, or if I want to fly the 2 hours into Oakland airport, go to the bacps meeting, then fly back. Yes, I have a cp problem

Is it easy to catch a cab or something to the bacps meeting from the airport up in Oakland (or is there a different airport I should fly into, for those native to the area)? I'd love the chance to meet some of you guys on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that. is. awesome. either way. i'd think youd get more bang for your buck if you went to the BACPS one, since there will be vendors offering plants at discounted prices. plus it's supposed to be the big CP meet of the year (besides the potluck i guess). dont know what the peeps down in so-cal are up to though.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    that. is. awesome. either way. i'd think youd get more bang for your buck if you went to the BACPS one, since there will be vendors offering plants at discounted prices. plus it's supposed to be the big CP meet of the year (besides the potluck i guess). dont know what the peeps down in so-cal are up to though.
    Hehe, I totally shouldn't buy more plants at all! If I did, I don't know if I'm allowed to bring them on a plane with me though I did see two different people carrying live orchid plants with them the last two times I've flown.

Do you know if it's easy and maybe how much it would cost to catch a cab from the airport to the meeting? Google says it'd take 12 minutes without traffic to get there, but I don't know how much they charge. I think I'd end up having to fly in on some early-ish plane in the morning, go to the meeting, and take off in the evening afterwards back for San Diego.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea what it will cost but 12 min. is not a very long ride. I would guess that it will be under 20 each way. I have never taken a cab down there I always drive.

Amp is right it is the biggest (really only) meeting that is open to the public ( non-BACPS members). They do get you to jion upon entering, but it's free so no biggy. Not only are there vendors, but all the BACPS members bring in their prize plants for judging. So you get to see a lot of amazing plants grown by fellow CP addicts!

I will be entering my N. Peter D'Amato X Maxima. As stated from Amp I can't speak for the LACPS peeps either.
    Grow List: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=116427
    Member of BACPS & ICPS

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be an easy cab ride but I don't know how much it would cost. $15 ?? you could also check out BART:
    Oak airport station to Lake Merritt sta then a walk or cab.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 hour drive isn't too bad, way cheaper than a plane ticket and cab ride! I'm not sure which, but I think one of our upcoming meetings will be at the CSUF greenhouse. That would be an even shorter drive for ya.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frill & 8: 10-4

Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    2 hour drive isn't too bad, way cheaper than a plane ticket and cab ride! I'm not sure which, but I think one of our upcoming meetings will be at the CSUF greenhouse. That would be an even shorter drive for ya.
    See, I thought one of these upcoming LACPS meetings was not going to be at Alhambra Chamber of Commerce, but it keeps being there so I don't really want to go now in favor of going to one that's at a nice garden like Huntington Botanical Gardens. I'd rather pay more than have to fight with LA traffic, too, if it's going to be at Alhambra.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why take a cab, when you can get a free ride? I'm driving up there from San Jose early to help set up, I see no reason I can take a short break and head over to the airport.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast