What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're obsessed with CPs when...

When you brought $400 on you NC vacation, spent it all on plants, and took out a loan from your dad for another $100 because you found an antho-free leucophylla on the last day.

Haha completely forgot...illegally entering into Brazilian territory without proper documentation to photograph a cp that only 5 people have ever photographed and branded as international spies by the Venezuelan government...all for carnivorous plants.

Haha completely forgot...illegally entering into Brazilian territory without proper documentation to photograph a cp that only 5 people have ever photographed and branded as international spies by the Venezuelan government...all for carnivorous plants.

Was Stewart involved? If so, this doesn't surprise me.

-You use your trashcan to collect rain water, not trash.

-Sparsely populated areas excite you, especially in low lying, coastal areas.

-Forest fires sound like a good thing.

You never had a problem with squirrels until now.

You have a cpphotofinder search bar.

You can spell aristolochioides without thinking about it.

You haven't cleaned your room in weeks but you've rearranged your terrarium twice since then.

You have Nepenthes in your freezer.

Was Stewart involved? If so, this doesn't surprise me.

actually, yes...but it sure surprised him! he said he's been on the mountain at least 8 times before, including the group before us. this is the first time the government pulled something like this.

When spending $100 for a plant is okay.

Hahaha I guess I've got one to add too:

You take your first and only vacation thus far from work to go trudging through various swamps completely blowing your budget and picking up mosquito and chigger bites along the way :0o:

When you try and convince your spouse that the hottub would be the perfect place for a bog

haha.. I was just thinking about this thread. :lol:

~ when your home is 95+*F, but your GH is AC cooled to 75*F.

(Thankfully I got central air this week though!!) :awesome:

How about when you buy a 700 hundred pound temperature and humidity controlled incubator to grow a plant most people have never even heard of :-))

Just givin' you crap man, it's all in good fun. :-O

Here are some more
You know your obsessed with carnivorous plants:

When you haven't gotten your license because, honestly you'd rather take the bus and spend that car insurance money on plants. :blush:

When you look at the average cost of raising a child and you think "I wonder how many nepenthes I could buy if I don't have kids."

"When you bring your nepenthes truncata to church to show the congregation it's latest pitcher"

"When you use the pokemon victreebel to describe a nepenthes to an outsider"

"When you have photos of your nepenthes hamata hanging in your dentist's office."

"When you make a nepenthes ampullaria mug out of clay in pottery class"

Last edited:
haha.. yeah.. I'm clearly obsessed. :blush:

How about when you buy a 700 hundred pound temperature and humidity controlled incubator to grow a plant most people have never even heard of :-))

Just givin' you crap man, it's all in good fun. :-O

Here are some more
You know your obsessed with carnivorous plants:

When you haven't gotten your license because, honestly you'd rather take the bus and spend that car insurance money on plants. :blush:

When you look at the average cost of raising a child and you think "I wonder how many nepenthes I could buy if I don't have kids."

"When you bring your nepenthes truncata to church to show the congregation it's latest pitcher"

"When you use the pokemon victreebel to describe a nepenthes to an outsider"

"When you have photos of your nepenthes hamata hanging in your dentist's office."

"When you make a nepenthes ampullaria mug out of clay in pottery class"

I take it back I'm not obsessed... I'm good!

Back