What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're obsessed with CPs when...

Here I'll start:

- everywhere you travel or visit, you think of locating the closest bog

- you always check Lowes or Home Depot for their death cube racks to see if you get lucky

- whenever you see a bug, you automatically wonder if it'll fit inside one of your plants' traps

- you wake up in the middle of the night from sleep and go repot/divide some plants

now you go!

- you have weird dreams about them

- nonstop thinking about cool hybrids and doodling them when bored

when you spend money on shipping for trades instead of getting your hair cut.. again.

-When everyday your conversations with your cousin or girlfriend start with what new or interesting thing you saw your plants 'do'.

...when u stare at a sundew's tentacles and wonder what the dew tastes like.

Ok maybe that's just me.

When you want to stick your tongue in a trap and after it closes, bite it off.

Or maybe I'm just insane.

lol I stuck my tongue in a flytrap yesterday. :p

- when you talk to your friends so much about it they now know different species of CP's

- when you start blurting out random CP species in the middle of class.

EDIT:

I liked the nectary taste...

- and when you start tasting all the different parts of your CP's. (sundews' dew, heli nectar, VFT nectar, sarr nectar, raff preistome. :p)

There are some big discussions on eating cps... tuberous dews are supposed to be delicacies in Australia.

I ALWAYS check the death cube racks.

I've tasted sundew dew..

My friends now know the largest cp is the N. rajah..

The first thing I ALWAYS think when I see a bug is if my burmannis can eat it yet.

I'm crazy-- I mean, obsessed!

- Take alot of leaf cuttings
- youstare at them
- you talk to them :crazy:

constantly drawing cps instead of taking notes.

when you try and cut more lawns just so you can spend whatever you earn on more cps.

Ha! I knew u all had it in you.

Some more:

- "regular" gardeners don't understand why you hate earthworms

- when you pass by the water section in your supermarket and see distilled/purified and immediately think of your plants

- (for seasoned growers) you sometimes forget your plants are carnivorous since that novelty wore off years ago, and now you're just aiming to grow the most beautiful striking plant

- you've read every one of the links on B. Rice's website www.sarracenia.com

- you rather be growing CPs than whatever else you're doing in life....but then you snap back to reality.

lololololol this is fun

lol I stuck my tongue in a flytrap yesterday. :p

- when you talk to your friends so much about it they now know different species of CP's

- when you start blurting out random CP species in the middle of class.

EDIT:

I liked the nectary taste...

- and when you start tasting all the different parts of your CP's. (sundews' dew, heli nectar, VFT nectar, sarr nectar, raff preistome. :p)

stuck your tongue in a flytrap! that's very highly obsessive! I'm assuming u wanted to some how feel the power of cps on trapping mini insects and u decided getting your tongue trapped is the best way to go!? was it like one of the coolest things u ever done!

- you are constantly gawking at neps or other CPs

- every tab on your firefox page is a CP forum

- when you google the user name you use for everything, 80% of the results are from CP forums

- when you buy a greenhouse and dedicate it solely to your CPs

- you freak out if the weather is crappy for 2 freaking months and your sarrs arent up to pace

- you frequently take photos of your plants

- the first thing you check when you get online is a CP forum

- a good percent of your conversations have to do with CPs

- you strive to teach, and spread knowledge about these fantastic plants

- (not doing this now, but i used to) cool my room down to 45 degrees to accommodate a highland growrack in your bedroom at the foot of your bed

- constantly doing check ups on your plants to make sure no pests are affecting them...

- memorize hundreds of species names of nepenthes, but dont know much else about other species names

- spend hours pondering how to pronounce a certain species name

there is more...gotta think of them now lol.

oh here is another

- when winter is usually your favorite time of the year, but you suddenly hate it because your plants are dormant and cant put the tropicals outside

Was Devon was trying to get to second base with his Dionea!? LOL

-You spend your daydreaming time thinking about building new terrarium enclosures.

-You're impressed with greenhouse supply catalogs.

-You have to buy crickets for your lizards, insects and plants.

-After going potty the plants/terrariums are the first thing you take care of in the morning.

-People suspect you of growing dope cos "it's silly for a young person to be interested in plants".

- when you have a "plant budget"
- when you have a dedicated closet for pots and soil mixes
- you plan your vacations around your watering schedule

How about:

-you haven't been on vacation since you were 12 cos you don't trust anyone to care for your plants?

- you've read every one of the links on B. Rice's website www.sarracenia.com

- you freak out if the weather is crappy for 2 freaking months and your sarrs arent up to pace

- you frequently take photos of your plants

- the first thing you check when you get online is a CP forum

-After going potty the plants/terrariums are the first thing you take care of in the morning.

This.
Today I woke up at 7:30am to move the Sarrs/Dews/VFTs out in the open so they could get sun.

Back