Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U.S. Identifies Vast Riches of Minerals in Afghanistan

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/14/wo...o_interstitial

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories

UM?
    U.S. Identifies Vast Riches of Minerals in Afghanistan.
    What is this about and what is the impact on Afghanistan?
    Are the superpowers going to try and control Afghanistan?
    This has been known about for years but this is the first I have heard of it.
    They are not yet equipped to mine on this scale and mining could lead to environmental disaster there.
    Look at us with the oil spill.
    What do you think?
    SK-8 OR DIE

growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Business sharks worldwide are already on top of it, trust me such a finding doesn't go unheard for long.
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1 View Post
    Business sharks worldwide are already on top of it, trust me such a finding doesn't go unheard for long.
    Yes,
    That is what I'm afraid of!
    Other countries taking ALL the profit and paying next to nothing to the county they are taking from.
    I hate that.
    Africa is a prime example. With all there diamonds and gold, Africa should be a rich country with no starvation and next to no disease.
    Sorry for bringing such a touchy subject, but I had to voice my opinion.
    Peace,
    Zero
    SK-8 OR DIE

growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes they will pay them next to nothing since the UN seems to need more powers in international trade regulations. That supply is the sovereign property of the Afrghanis not corporate suits. to be deployed by the vote of their people only.
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The US government used to move indian reservations whenever something useful was discovered on the land they penned them in on, this is no different - they've just taken to moving someone else's indians.

Why do you think the afghan war has been the longest running US conflict in American history? To fight "terrorism"? LOL There's something there the corporate interest wants, other than the opium. Notice how there are bigger and bigger crops there every year since the US occupation.... Whenever there is a war these days just look to see who stands to profit and on what and then you'll see what the war is really all about despite the hash they sell you on TV.
    Last edited by swords; 06-13-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    The US government used to move indian reservations whenever something useful was discovered on the land they penned them in on, this is no different - they've just taken to moving someone else's indians.

Why do you think the afghan war has been the longest running US conflict in American history? To fight "terrorism"? LOL There's something there the corporate interest wants, other than the opium. Notice how there are bigger and bigger crops there every year since the US occupation.... Whenever there is a war these days just look to see who stands to profit and on what and then you'll see what the war is really all about despite the hash they sell you on TV.
    There is a solution!! the Miggie minds and Swords minds must combine to rule out and make the evilies kneel to the might of 2 TF thinkers :P Together we can create a paradise to last till we say so :P
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is no point in fighting in Afghanistan short of nuking them.....its a tribal state full of hundreds of tribes that hate each other.....short of an extermination there will be no "win"......

as far as the mineral riches your going to see China and Japan looking to beg borrow and steal to get them given Afghanistan's location.....those two countries are in much more need of raw materials than the US is anymore.....there are no major rivers in Afghanistan a complete build of the infrastructure from the ground up is going to be needed....highways or railroads will need to be built....

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

BTW all you proponents of electric cars should be dancing at the discovery.....the only major Lithium mine in the world at the moment is Chile.....the world is going to need lithium for those electric car batteries.....doesnt matter if we make them or the Japs do.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesnt matter if we make them or the Japs do
    I think you mean the Japanese

Don't forget, to the Japanese, the term "Japs" is no different that the "N" word.

So, while I am fairly certain you meant no offense, and this was just lazy typing....

17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast