What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

want advice - need new wallet

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date

thez_yo

instigator
I can't seem to find anything in the stores around me that looks like it'll last for more than a month. I'm looking for a passport sleeve/case/holder (pref. zippered, snap shut OK too) and a wallet that has an ID slot and at least 6 credit card slots for various cards and of course a place for bills.

Anybody know of a store that's online that sells good wallets? I'm sick of buying cheap junk for which I have to overpay, to have it last only a year :-(

What, looking for a pitcher to hold your change in? (at the location of this thread)

Moved the thread, because I couldn't figure out what wallets have to do with Nepenthes. :scratch:

Get a roll of duct tape and some laminating plastic? I keep my wallets until they die, and I'm rarely satisfied with them, so one of these days I'll probably just make one to my own specs. But I know not everyone is as DIY-crazy as me.
~Joe

Moved the thread, because I couldn't figure out what wallets have to do with Nepenthes. :scratch:

Huh, thought I posted in general...sorry :-(

No prob! I got to try out my thread-moving moderator superpower! :-O

Get a roll of duct tape and some laminating plastic? I keep my wallets until they die, and I'm rarely satisfied with them, so one of these days I'll probably just make one to my own specs. But I know not everyone is as DIY-crazy as me.
~Joe

I've made myself a duct-tape wallet before and the thing is, they get sticky and nasty after half a year or so. I miss my glorious wallet...maybe I'll make myself one out of cloth. Anyone know of a seller that has nepenthes fabric? :-D

a decent quality leather wallet should last awhile......can usually get 3 or 4 years out of one even with a few soakings and im rough on things cause of solvents and such spilling on me....usually pay between $20 and $35 depending on what i find that i like when i need a new one....

I've made myself a duct-tape wallet before and the thing is, they get sticky and nasty after half a year or so. I miss my glorious wallet...maybe I'll make myself one out of cloth. Anyone know of a seller that has nepenthes fabric? :-D

My duct tape wallet hasn't had the problems you described. I made sure I got all the edges very well though. I personally like duct tape wallets because you can do pretty much whatever you want with it.

Try an outer layer of gaffer's tape next time. It sticks very well to duct tape, especially if you roll the duct tape so that some of the sticky side is facing out, and it's made to resist heat and moisture without getting all gooey. Cloth might be a more sure bet though. What about making a stencil of a Nep and sewing it on? (Not sure if stencil is the right term... I'm thinking layers of colored fabric in a collage, kind of like Matisse's later work.)
~Joe

I have only had one good wallet.
It's hard to find one.
I always buy a leather one though.
Peace,
Zero

lol ive had my same wallet since i was 10 years old...believe it or not i bought it from Hot Topic rofl, its been through hell and only the outer button snaps have fallen off hahaha, i need to get a new one too...

My Swiss Army wallet rocks(swissgear), I've had it for over three years in my back pocket, it has more than enough places to put cc's, it also has an ID slot too... Something like 20$ at The Bay(a canadian department store). Best bang for my buck wallet-wise in years. Billabong make cool wallets that last long too. Check out sk8 shops...

blokeman,
My wallet is a sk8 wallet.
Independent leather.
Lasted a long time.
Peace,
Zero

lol ive had my same wallet since i was 10 years old...believe it or not i bought it from Hot Topic rofl, its been through hell and only the outer button snaps have fallen off hahaha, i need to get a new one too...

I'm with you there. Picked up a leather wallet with the chains on it and it hasn't worn out yet! I had removed the chains years ago....still get funny looks about the anarchy symbol on it at the checkout though :-D

hahah mine just has a jolly roger on the front of it....
provided ive had that wallet for some odd 9 years now, im still happy its held together

Why have a wallet when you have pockets :p I own a lot of them and I've never used them hehe.

I have 16 various cards, bills, receipts, business cards, photos and more crap in my wallet, if I didn't have one, where would I put all of that? I'd end up losing some of them for sure...

Fanny Pack bloke :p ?

i've never seen such a large thread devoted to a wallet. ever. in my entire life....

Back