What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Drought is OVER!!!

lizasaur

Charlatan
Good grief, I'm soaked to the bone now (had to protect my frail little dews, lol), but the drought is definitely over!
It just stormed last night, and this is the third storm this week!!! Looks like I'll now have about 60 gallons of water saved up =D
I took a few piccies:
DSCF4695.jpg

My 42 gallons of rainwater as of this morning.
DSCF4706.jpg

It is coming down HARD! And possibly ruining all my stuff which is stored in the empty jacuzzi =\
DSCF4708.jpg

My 20+ gallon drum collecting the good stuff. That's also my "Super YumYum" Pineapple Plant :jester:
And the best part is, I'm on a laptop, so I needn't worry about the thunder and such :boogie:

I am very wet though. And cold =(

I wish it would rain here. I've been buying 4 gallons a day. I'm close to buying more water so far this year, then all of last year.

I go through 10-12 gallons a week, typically. It's a pain, but why I have so many jugs now XD

monsoon season here.....usually only see 12 inches of rain in an entire year....got that in 6 weeks with more coming.....stock dams that have been dry for a decade are full.....so much water washing into the Missouri River here that fishing has been crap......

We've been getting surprise thunderstorms recently. Only problem is they last for ten minutes and dump ten inches at a time. If you have to set something up each time, you've got no chance, especially since they have no warning...

Edit: what's that little lizard in the first pic?

I know. The weather is so wonky. It's already hit 98 degrees some days, which usually doesn't happen until August or September. And even though it should've been raining since April, to have such heavy storms in so little time is most unusual.

50 gallons a week for me. Sometimes more.

Whewwwwwww! I'd have to have pure tap water to manage that. @.@
Your grow list is quite stunning though. Very well rounded, methinks.

Wait is that a lizard i see in the first pic? looks cool

Yeah, that's a lizard chillin on one of the jugs. There's always been a bunch of them (Brown Anoles) on our property and in Florida in general, but I've got plenty lurking around my garden. I've identified atleast 3 big males, a single female, and a few smaller males.

My snakes new mommy and daddy joked that when they went to Sea World, there were more lizards than people XD

lol you should ship some of that goodness down here =] just moved in with my gf in her apartment, my rain catching days are over =[.

I wish i lived there :D
We haven't had good rain since oktober...

I wish I could, lol. It's raining AGAIN.
IT's to the point where it's just crazy. I need some sun so I can use the water, lol.

use it as bath water in the meantime!! hahaha.

As soft as rain water makes my skin, that would have to be a big negative, LOL. good one though :D

It never rains here. There hasn't been a cloud in the sky for 3 weeks. I go through 20 gallons a day. Thank god for RO systems!

Back