What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$1 per gallon Aquarium sale at Petco!

We know 'em, we love 'em and they're on sale right now! Only $1 per gallon on all standard all glass aquarium/Aqueon tanks.

I needed aquarium silicone & tiny crickets today but I saw the sale so I picked up two more 10 gallons for $10 each. the sale goes on any size tank you want (other than the 2.5 and 5 gallons mini tanks) I dunno if it's just this week or all of July but if they're still onsale I'm getting some more next pay day.

10 gal $10
15 gallon $15
20 Gal L or H $20
29 Gal $29
55 Gal $55

:D

picked up a 20 gal high on wednseday, may go back for a ten just to have

Aaaaaaaagh! Why am I broke right now?
~Joe

I so wish the 2.5 and 5 Gallon were included in that sale :(

its 6/27 thru 7/17, to add to your list swords theres also a 40g breeder available. its only till supllies last so get there soon!

i had been hoping for a 15 low, it would have fit my space perfectly

That is a very good deal.
Did they stop at 55 gallon or continue to go higher?
My dream tank; I want to built into a wall is a 150 gallon tank, which I do not currently have and are over $450.00 for the tank alone.

My wife would kill me if I bough any since I have several tanks in use now and 75 gallon / 40 gallon / 45 gallon hex / and many smaller sizes stored in the garage and attic till I get a bigger house and can have my lizard / fish / plant room, but if I could pick up a 150 gallon for $150.00 I think I'd find room somewhere......

but if I could pick up a 150 gallon for $150.00 I think I'd find room somewhere......

You could store your other aquaria in it! :p
~Joe

I think 55 was the limit, the sale info is on their website

My Petco doesn't have the 40 Breeder, but that's a deal, I paid $90 + tax for my crabs 40 gallon tank 2 weeks ago at Petsmart.

Dodge it's far cheaper to build your own mini tanks with silicone and glass panes from Home Depot. I'll be posting a Tutorial over in the terrariums & Greenhouses section in a few days on building 3 gallon vertical sliding front vivariums with HD/Lowes glass (I'm making a row six 8" L x 8" W x 12" H) I have part of the tutorial pics taken (glass cutting and prep) I just have to take pics of the tank construction/gluing but tonight I'm making some bentonite clay & peatmoss backgrounds for a couple tanks - instead of using GS spray foam & silicone.

Here's some pics of the tanks I have / had and custom stands I built for them.

40 gallon breeder as fish tank. Converted for Leopard Geckos in 2005.
40gallon-1.jpg

40 gallon breeder now with Leopard Geckos.
40gallonlizard.jpg

29 Gallon fish tank with Discus. Converted for Leopard Geckos in 2005 - 20 gallon long.
fishcabinet1.jpg

20 Gallon long for Leopard Geckos..... no quick easy pics on my computer to show....

WOW Very fancy cabinets!

Any discounts on the 5 gallons? If so, I'm buying every single one they have!

Any discounts on the 5 gallons? If so, I'm buying every single one they have!

sorry, no five's included, at least that's how I read the ad. My local one had 10, 20L, 20H and larger ones .

Nope, the 2.5 and 5 gallon tanks are all still $12-15 each. :(

Ok so I picked up a 10 gallon, don't even know what i'm gonna do with it, maybe raise crickets. Also picked up this thing called a "water pillow", it's some bag with expandable water crystals in it, it's for crickets to drink. I soaked it in water, but don't see how any animal can extract water from this thing, the pillow is pretty dry. It's super plump but not even a drop of water will come out when squeezing it. I hope this works and my crickets won't die of thirst. I also gave one of these to my tarantula, but i doubt she would know what to do with it.

Last edited:
They should add a discount as you go up the gallon range... It becomes cheaper to produce because you need less surface area (glass) per volume...

Larry How big is your tarantula? If it's 3" + get a small reptile bowl and put water in it, the tarantula won't drown and it will drink, usually everyday. You may not see it happen but trust me, it will appreciate the water. Don't use a wad of cotton or anything else you might have heard about in the water dish just plain good drinking water. My Chilean Rose T both drinks and splashes in it so I need to fill it every couple days, sometimes everyday. If you have a very small sling you can just mist a wall of the enclosure once or twice a day and it will drink from the droplets or get a small water container that is the diameter of the spider (soda cap) so it can't drown if it does fall in at a small size.

I dunno about the water pillow and crickets, I give my crickets expanded water crystals to drink (sold as "Soil Moisture" crystals at garden centers) I buy them in a 2 pound bag from here: http://www.watersorb.com

It's the same jelly like cubes sold for a hell of a lot of money at the pet shop. They sell you about $0.03 worth of dry water crystals pre-expanded and dyed for $9. The pet shop stuff usually has extra calcium suppluments in it which is not good for molting insects so if you're trying to breed and raise crickets as feeders you may end up be working against yourself using that stuff and any of the commercial cricket feeds at the pet shop that are "calcium enhanced". The watersorb crystals have no extra ingredients other than what you put in the water you use to expand them. I feed my crickets and roaches ground up dry high protein cat chow along with lettuce and oranges. Lately I've added powdered milk, honey powder and powdered bee pollen to the ground cat chow to give them a vitamin boost. It's not necessary but I like to fool around. :D

Saturday is your last chance until whenever - the sale is over on Sunday!

Did anyone other than me me take advantage of the sale?

I hoarded the following tanks:

8x 10 gallon

4x 20 gallon High

I bought 2 at a time whenever I went to get crickets, somehow I needed a lot of crickets this past 2 weeks... :D

My shop just got in a new shipment of tanks just before the sale is over and it's killing me to pass on the two 40 breeders (normally $109 now only $40) but I have no space even to store the empty tanks. Waaah! :(

Back