Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please sign this!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that i do agree with, that ban that i was talking about i think it was HR47 but i might be wrong also affected tropical fish and reptiles non native to the US. makes me sad we can't deal with these things in a better way instead of an all out ban

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nep Lover View Post
    that i do agree with, that ban that i was talking about i think it was HR47 but i might be wrong also affected tropical fish and reptiles non native to the US. makes me sad we can't deal with these things in a better way instead of an all out ban
    right, this is why we must follow the lead of Dr.Lex Luthor in the Super man magazine series and build governments with artists, poets, philosophers, scientists, lawyers, doctors, etc not just our common present day politician, so when issues arise the chief herpetologist Miggie will have a say in congress and it will be honored haha! but seriously i see the perfect government with the implementation of pure talent in all fields like WOW!
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a load of BS. Is this law up for a public vote?

Tell people you're taking their dogs and cats (and other pets) away and you'll have a mass exodus or hopefully, riots.

And what is the deal with banning everything except fish? If these people are worried about mass animal abuse, FISH (the only pets allowed) are the most abused & poorly cared for of all animals Goldfish in particular are generally doomed on a monumental scale, - far more than Hamsters this law seems obsessed with. If we're running a death tally you could never stop counting the dead ornamental fish.

As for the hamster dilemma Just get some big snakes for the pet shelters and feed the reeking little things off. Problem solved!

However, the kinda pets a lot of us partake in don't come from a pet shop anyway. Though this would screw over any of the few and far between quality reptile and insect shops. Don't know if there are any in SF but there never could be either.
    Last edited by swords; 07-10-2010 at 03:40 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1 View Post
    The power brains that be deems that by banning the sales of birds, critters, and reptiles they will put a dent on the problem of people buying animals with the impulse buy attitude. Thus regulating the amount in shelters and even reducing synthesized events WTF?! yeah it has some merit BUT a total all out ban is clearly not the answer.
    I totally agree that banning pet sales will NOT help anything. Keeping hermit crabs, I've seen a lot of kids want to get a few on impulse... it's not pet sales that are the problem, but the lack of information when people decide to get certain pets. For example, it's not appropriate to house hermit crabs alone on gravel in a "kritter kage", but most people don't know that when they go out to pet shops. IMO there's no such thing as a care-free pet unless you want a pet rock. Pet shops need to get the proper information about care to their buyers, and the buyers need to follow through and care for them properly. It might scare people away from getting certain pets, but the pets might find better, more prepared owners.

Quote Originally Posted by swords
    However, the kinda pets a lot of us partake in don't come from a pet shop anyway. Though this would screw over any of the few and far between quality reptile and insect shops. Don't know if there are any in SF but there never could be either.
    There are a few quality shops around if you look hard enough...

Quote Originally Posted by swords
    What a load of BS. Is this law up for a public vote?
    I'm not sure. I haven't heard about this until now.
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12