Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please sign this!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please sign this!!!

The proposed banning of pet sales in the city of San Fransisco has potential to spill to other cities and states. As responsible keepers we know and understand the unfair impact this move can generate to the whole pet nation which is not an option!!! Please sign this and at least be a part of an educated front towards the understanding and cooperation regarding serious issues. Time is ticking away they are meeting too soon act now! Even if you are only a fish lover (fishes are off the ban so far) support your folks
    It may just be reptiles,birds, n critters but it affects every one as a whole! IF it does pass = legislative failure
    http://usark.org/campaign.php?id=20
    And here's the other side http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/...es_pet_ban.php
    Last edited by MiguelSR1; 07-08-2010 at 02:41 PM.
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical . . .

The SF Board of Supervisors and its Commission of Animal Control and Welfare couldn't find their own ***** with both hands and a Michelin map . . .

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MN9L1EAT90.DTL
    Last edited by BigBella; 07-08-2010 at 03:18 PM.
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wont sign anything without being well educated on the issue..
    Whats the other side of the story?
    can someone post a link to the city's position?

thanks,
    Scot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, the politician's mind! Such a maze of insight and wisdom! If only the entrance to it wasn't just below their tailbone!
    Here is another over-reaction and off target response to one of life's problems.

I am wondering however, in all fairness, what exactly is the reason for their action/desire to do this. Without doing a search for it, I didn't see the reason behind their wanting to do this. What do they hope to solve by it? I am not sure I understand their motivation.
    Experience is the best teacher. At least it used to be.
    But then, common sense isn't so common anymore, is it.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113866

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrowinOld View Post
    Ah, the politician's mind! Such a maze of insight and wisdom! If only the entrance to it wasn't just below their tailbone!
    Here is another over-reaction and off target response to one of life's problems.

I am wondering however, in all fairness, what exactly is the reason for their action/desire to do this. Without doing a search for it, I didn't see the reason behind their wanting to do this. What do they hope to solve by it? I am not sure I understand their motivation.
    The power brains that be deems that by banning the sales of birds, critters, and reptiles they will put a dent on the problem of people buying animals with the impulse buy attitude. Thus regulating the amount in shelters and even reducing synthesized events WTF?! yeah it has some merit BUT a total all out ban is clearly not the answer.
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe drive the city further into debt? that's always a good one...force us to sell the golden gate? do we even own that still?
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow starting to remind me on the ferret ban in cali. I know there was something like this not too long ago, might be the same bill to ban reptiles from being sold across state lines or something. The purpose of that was if i believe was to try and stop people from letting loose their snakes once they got bigger then they thought they would get (i know thats not the whole thing right there) or something along those lines, maybe this is pretty much the same thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nep Lover View Post
    wow starting to remind me on the ferret ban in cali. I know there was something like this not too long ago, might be the same bill to ban reptiles from being sold across state lines or something. The purpose of that was if i believe was to try and stop people from letting loose their snakes once they got bigger then they thought they would get (i know thats not the whole thing right there) or something along those lines, maybe this is pretty much the same thing?
    Perhaps proper licensing and registration can be good options just cause there are a few irresponsible heads in the business it never means the whole nation has to pay!
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast