What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

permit...?

• Thread starter naich
  • Start date
if i ordered from a european vendor, would i need a permit to ship in live plants???

It depends on what vendor. Wistuba takes care of all the paperwork for you since they have an importer here in the US. Any other vendor as far as I know, it is your responsibility to acquire the appropriate permits.

it is wistuba, i didnt say the name earlier. so i just order and it come in time? no risk of my plants being shredded?

It depends upon the kinds of plants. All commercial plant shipments to the US require a phytosanitary cert from the country of origin. If the plant is CITES Appendix II, the shipper must obtain a export permit. In these cases, the shipper needs to obtain the permits. If the plant is CITES Appendix I, you will also need an import permit. The grower you purchased from is familiar with the process and should be able to handle most of the appropriate permits.

-Hermes.

Ordering from Wistuba you don't need to worry about any paper work what so ever. His sales list includes N. clipeata which is placed on CITES and ships internationally. You're in the clear.

goog to hear, about how long does it take for a package to arrive in the usa from their location?

Wistuba ships mainly during spring and fall I believe. Orders are accumulated and sent out simultaneously to save on shipping costs and minimize paper work. Once you receive a confirmation email that your order is in route it's usually around a week to a week and a half until the box reaches your front door.

Back