What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool, nerdy, or nerdy but cool!

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
So, I had a LG Dare for the past 2.5 years... My new every two has been due for some time now but since I loved my Dare I was in no hurry... I finally decided to check out the Motorola Droid- I got the screen protector for it as I had for my Dare... I also got a hard snap on cover, like I had for the Dare... Unfortunately that was before I realized I would be using this phone for it's navigation abilities in my truck and the multimedia dock in my room (have used my cell phones as my alarm for years) and the phone wouldn't work in either of these items with the hard case on... Long story short, I found that there was a stick on protector for the body of the phone, like the screen and you can even design it. I went ahead and tossed one together (literally like 4 mins went into it) and it came in today. I think it's pretty cool, but all kinds of nerdy at the same time... Oh well- might as well share! I bet it grows on me, and heck, it protects the phone too! :awesome:

Andrew

IMG_1240.JPG

IMG_1241.JPG

IMG_1243.JPG

That is some awesome customizing :D

Shameless advertising!:cry: I can imagine you at lowes in the gardening section, on your phone... Someone looks at your phone, then at the death cubes. Phone, death cubes... And then asks you if they have to feed their plants hamburger every day.

SIG, I laughed so hard at that just now!
Andy, that is one awesome phone case!

You realize your hand goes there right? ??? It's not like I pass my phone around, and clearly my friends know what I do. So.... And actually, my wife generally answers the Lowe's customers CP questions.. Since she's a manager there, and everyone knows what I do. It's not like I put a full size picture on my truck- which so many people are doing now. Oh wait! Doesn't this mean I can write my phone off as advertising!? WOOT! hahaha
Andrew

What are you talking about!?!? Dude, that's sweet! I WANT ONE! Are you selling customized phones now?

Really Cool! Not Nerdy :-D Just needs more Sarrs on it ;)
I've got the Droid as well, really wish I would have waited for the Droid X but I'm super happy with mine. I basically live on it lol Welcome to the dark side :p

I kinda just tossed one of each of the popular ones one... haha No, not selling custom phones :p I'd have to be much better at design to think about that. uhm... and taking pictures!

French- haha I guess it's time to talk about apps then? :D Running anything worth mentioning? =)

French- haha I guess it's time to talk about apps then? :D Running anything worth mentioning? =)

Hmm let's see LOL
I'm guessing since you'll be using yours with your truck you'll love the maps app. Enable 'my location' and traffic option and it'll show you traffic jams (comes in real handy :p)
Otherwise I'm hooked on the free Pandora app, weatherbug is really nice, and google voice (you have to setup an account) makes it so your voicemail can be read. YES it takes sound and sends it for you to read and if you wish you can listen to it without having to dial your voicemail. Way cool but the voice to txt isn't always accurate if sound is low or voice is slurred.

As far as optimizing I recommend Advanced task killer, Dolphin Browser (replaces basic internet browser), and uninstaller, and battery indicator (you'd think they'd have made a battery symbol up top).

As far as cool stuff goes, google Earth, google sky map, shazam (IDs any song and artist for you), Ringdroid (let's you edit any music file and set it as a ringtone/notification tone), skype mobile, pandora, barcode scanner and of course Texas Hold'em LOL. If you really want to customize your calls per caller I'd recommend Missed Call.

How much did that case cost you btw? I may just need to get me one of those :p

Did I ramble enough? :blush:

That's so cool Andy- I could never have one of those thin skins though- my small electronics eat pavement wayyy too often, lol. I guess I could always just paint something on the back of the case though ;)

Good stuff french, thanks for the list :D A lot of those I'm already checking out but a few I've yet to see. Prepare to want one even more! I paid like 13 bucks shipped. =)

I<3carnivores-- this is a phone protection product. :) We will see how well it does!

Oh something else I tweeked with and found REALLY REALLY handy:

I downloaded Picasa on my laptop and synced selected it with the web Picasa. Anything I had onto my HD is automatically uploaded to my web album. Now for the cool part. Your phone should automatically detect your Picasa album via a gmail account. Worst case you can make a bogus account. From that you can browse via your gallery through your album, essentially you're browsing though your HD on your phone (though it's really online) but the principle is really cool. Makes it SOOO much easier to attach pics via email when you're chatting trade with say people on here ;)

Let me know if you get hooked on an app I didn't mention. The addiction only grows stronger haha

Andy! Awesome! Can you say where you got it, please?

Back