What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. hamata basal isn't rooting. It's rotting, right?

100_4921.jpg

Pings were starting to decay in old soggy media.

100_4926.jpg

100_4927.jpg

100_4928.jpg

My new ping media mix I'm trying is 2 perlite, 1 pouzzolane (crushed lava rock), 1 fine sand, 1 coarse sand, 1 calcareous clay, 1 LFS.

100_4923.jpg

100_4931.jpg

100_4934.jpg

New Ping setup..

100_4942.jpg

100_4945.jpg

P. moctezumea flowering

100_4946.jpg

N. lowii

100_4957.jpg

100_4955.jpg

My over photographed Ceph.. Sorry, I just can't get enough of it!

100_4952.jpg

100_4947.jpg

100_4953.jpg

100_4949.jpg

100_4948.jpg

Looks like it's time for another dew tank!

100_4964.jpg

100_4963.jpg

The best pic I could get.. D. rotundifolia

100_4263.jpg

TIME FOR YOU KNOW WHO!!

Hey, who sent me this package!?!? Some CP.. Carnivorous Pussycat :crazy:

100_4941.jpg

I swear this wasn't staged.. :-))

100_4966.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, they all look great! The ceph is very photogenic.

if something happens to the hamata, let me know...dont give up on it though, if you keep moving it to check for roots, its just gonna mess it up....a couple of the others ive sent hamata basals to that were the same size havent had any problems...

I just checked once after I noticed the little bit of rot on the leaf. I figured that was just cause to disturb it. Otherwise, I use leaf and pitcher development to give me an idea of how it's doing. That way.. I don't have to disturb any rooting it may be doing. ;)

that's an interesting color and texture at the bottom of that hamata...you could always dip it in fungicide or something just to makes sure. live sphagnum also helps give resistance against fungal infection.

That looks like a lot of work. I hate repotting. It's such a pain. But I bet your pings will like the change.

That looks like a lot of work. I hate repotting. It's such a pain. But I bet your pings will like the change.

It's all that fills my days. It's basically a job that pays with happy plants. What can I say, that's my kind of income! :-D

that's an interesting color and texture at the bottom of that hamata...you could always dip it in fungicide or something just to makes sure. live sphagnum also helps give resistance against fungal infection.

I have rooting gel and powdered rooting hormone. That's about it.. I do have live LFS here. I'll switch it over. See if that helps.. :-(

I hope your Hamata pulls through =\ They need a ridiculous amount of humidity when young...bagging mine and giving it appropriate temps/temp drops seem to be what brought it back from the brink.

Everything else is looking good! Why, what is that I spy in the second pot in the front row of the seventh picture? :awesome:

Everything else is looking good! Why, what is that I spy in the second pot in the front row of the seventh picture? :awesome:

umm.. P. gigantea? :scratch: noo.. that's not it. Umm.. could it be a sexy little P. medusina?

I think it could be! Whoever gave you that must think pretty highly of you ;)

And when it actually grows, then what will it be? "Big Sexy"? :-))

ps. That last picture of teh kitties is a kind of cute I don't have a word for.

Nice pics!

The P. moranensis you gave me is sort of curling up at the tips of the leaves. That's a sign of growth right? I noticed it caught some fruit flies in the house here too...

The GF liked the cat pics. Cute...

Nice pics!

The P. moranensis you gave me is sort of curling up at the tips of the leaves. That's a sign of growth right? I noticed it caught some fruit flies in the house here too...

The GF liked the cat pics. Cute...

Yeah, they do that. All of mine have curly leaves.

That white stuff is on one of my vft, its because the media is too crushed. I better get it repotted this weekend.

That white stuff is on one of my vft, its because the media is too crushed. I better get it repotted this weekend.

Is that why? I've moved the hamata to life LFS. So hopefully it clears up and starts growing.

Back