Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carnivorous Plants Spring/Summer 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all, glad you like em. I'm sure you guys could grow plants like these given time and the right conditions & care.

Jimscott, I just take the plants outdoors to photograph and I try to move the plants as little as possible. Otherwise they sit indoors, under T12's. The cool-growers like the Regia's and HL Neps are in my kitchen downstairs which I A/C during the Summer and is not-really heated in the Winter so it stays rather cool.
    Spring and Fall the windows are wide open and that's when the temperatures are perfect!

The Sarrs I do grow outside during most of the year except the Winter.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure whether to take them outside for the next few months or leave them at the south-facing window sill, or put them on the grow rack, under the Grolites. Whaddya think?

Learning How To Multiply Indigo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im speechless about your fine art.. every single one of them is just so amazing, and the way you choose pot for them, and how natural they grow. almost like CP bonsai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow. the green/purple striping from the spectabilis parent managed to express itself in the hybrid. that's nice! now only if we could do the same with spec x aristo....
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt...simply stunning, as always!
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jimscott, I've been growing Regias for awhile (the flowering Regia is over 7 years old and has been through hell and back) and I've always grown under lights indoors so that's all I could really tell you about.
    They've always done best in cool spots like basements or in the kitchen I mentioned under T12'S.

The Big Easy's I sent you are cuttings from the cuttings of the Big Big Easy. They should be a bit more heat-tolerant than usual Regias, but try not to get em over 85F for a prolonged period (like the rest of the summer) 75F is a better high.

For outdoor conditions, the UK & Californian growers would know more than I. They've got some real beauty's! And most of em grow them outdoors as far as I know.

Thanks Indigo, the Bonsai-thing is what I've been looking to do all these years. Glad you noticed!

Amphirion, I am pleased on how the colouration of this hybrid is turning out. Pretty much what I expected. Should be exciting to see how it develops as it matures!

Thanks Emily! I dunno how many of these'll make it to the show... I'm driving a Saab now instead of the Town Car and it just doesn't have the room the ol' beast had...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW I don't mean that the Regia cannot take 85F at all for the rest of the Summer... just not constantly ever day for the rest of the Summer. Here and there should be alright.

Anyways, after taking some of these pics I turned around and took a few of the Landlord's Fish Pond:

Stargazers he calls these. Pretty big, this is at eye level

And since everyone likes Bugs, here's a wild one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12