What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Baby named Death

I got my new Death Stalker scorpion today. A baby 2nd instar. Thanks again Massmorels. Its such a cutie :D

a-98.jpg

b-90.jpg

c-77.jpg

d-64.jpg

awww..its cute.
just dont let it get you!

o_o ! Is it deadly?

o_o ! Is it deadly?

Yes. Very deadly. Its venom is nearly 3 times more potent than a cape cobra snake. If I got stung, I'd be screwed, LOL. Plus just like my Yellow fat tail scorpion which is another very deadly one, there's no anti venom in the U.S. for treating stings from this scorpion.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

awww..its cute.
just dont let it get you!

LOL. I'll try not to. Its begging to be held though wouldn't you say? LOL. The most caring parents are those who hold their babies :-))

Very cute! But yeah, I don't know how much tactile bonding I'd be doing...

Cool. If we stop seeing you around these boards, at least we'll know the likely reason.

Be extremely careful.

you've started on your will right? JK!
---but just in case...... :-))

i guess when you've got puny pincers like that, you need a powerful cocktail (no pun intended---well, okay maybe)....

So it DOES have the black spot on it's tail at that size! NICE.. Glad to be of service.

Yes. Very deadly. Its venom is nearly 3 times more potent than a cape cobra snake. If I got stung, I'd be screwed, LOL. Plus just like my Yellow fat tail scorpion which is another very deadly one, there's no anti venom in the U.S. for treating stings from this scorpion.

maybe, maybe not.....i know a guy that has studied every sting incident he could find on scorpions and has come to the conclusion there hasnt been a truly documented death by a scorpion sting to a health adult that was not allergic to the venom.....most individuals that die from stings are in 3rd world countries and are malnourished and such, children also make up a large portion of the deaths....

and while per drop the venom may be very toxic they dont produce much.....prairie ratters have more toxic venom than a eastern diamondback....the diamond back is more apt to kill you cause they get over twice the size of the prairies....as far as cobras go the king cobra aint that toxic, it gets yah on volume injected not drop for drop toxicity.....

still a sting aint going to be a pleasant experience........

What would you do if it escaped in the post? I wouldnt be comfortable owning a scorpion, nor other animals that make you ill like reptiles. I want a fish one day, and maybe a sugar glider!

My dog once was bitten by a copperhead on his paw. His leg swelled up from paw to shoulder. he was one sick puppy but survived.

another one??? jesus man! its a nice looking little bugger tho.

A local rancher had their horse actually get bit in the face, by a rattler. (shudders) Poor horse lived. Experts were coming from all over to witness and document I heard.

fish30 - I've known people that kept large diamondback rattlers as 'pets'. One man's pitt bull is another man's poodle. ;)

another one??? jesus man! its a nice looking little bugger tho.

LOL. Yes, another one. I cant wait to get more scorps. I'm gonna start my own scorpion and Tarantula collection.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

The next scorpion I want to get is this one. Its just awesome, lol

displayimage.php

Funny how the black emperors have become kinda common or boring. Blew me away as a teen the first time I saw one glow under a black light.

Emperors will forever be awesome! Hoping to buy a gravid one.

Back