What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
Well, as a few of you know, some painter got paint spray all over my minibogs Thursday afternoon, so I spent the most part of yesterday and today unpotting, repotting, and shipping off all sorts of plants. I don't think the plants are the worse for it other than spending 2 days in a tub of water...and of course I didn't want my plants sitting in painted-on medium considering they need to soak in it. Here's what's come out of it!

new ceph hummer's giant pot:
P7310016.jpg

it's a tall pot sitting in a saucer of water at the bottom...hopefully it works out OK and I didn't just kill my hummer XD

the hummer's giant is at the lower right - there is my big re-done communal temperate drosera and vft planter:
P7310017.jpg

the temperates:
P7310018.jpg

tall pot on the right is the regular ceph planter :-D

there's that regular ceph planter, my succulent collection, and the "green" minibog. They weren't doing well beforehand and now I think they're traumatized from being in a vat of water for 48 hours :-(
P7310022.jpg

this minibog got replanted the same because I liked how it was planted up:
P7310021.jpg

the last minibog (down to 3 from 5!) with leuco, random colorful Peter D'amato divisions, oreo from seed, flava ornata black veins semi dwarf, umlauftiana, up periscope, and hummer's hammerhead:
P7310020.jpg

and the neps, cobra lily (with now more forked-leaf sundew! I need to repot it come winter because the sphag is compacting..), and vft corner:
P7310019.jpg

...and a surprise opening up:
P7310014.jpg

That looks very nice!!!!

Thanks! I'm an artiste on the inside ;)

Very lovely setup! I love the fancy coordinating pots!
You're indeed a decorating master ;)

I agree, and the plants aren't half bad either...they look great! Hopefully they make it through the transplant.

Great job! Nice plants! Want to see your more pictures on your growing space!

Thanks! I think they all need to settle in a little more before I go re-catalog them by picture for my growlist...or maybe I'll just give up on that venture XD.

I need to figure out how to make the Nep area look better though..

Looks nice! Don't you just hate apartment/condo living?

I don't know if they warn you guys at all but they just show up and start doing stuff at my place. This last week I was watching Scrubs when all of a sudden some guy pops up on a ladder with a hose getting ready to spray the new brick mortar with some kinda chemical. I ask him what he's gonna be spraying he didn't even know the name of the stuff but he said "it's not too much chemicals". I told him he couldn't start spraying until I moved all my new aquariums and plants off the patio cos I couldn't have any of that being sprayed on them. I also told him if he'd have given notice I could have had everything off already but of course that idea seems lost on them.

I woke up one day a few years ago and saw that they had ripped down all my Aristolochia vines and painted the patio railing. I lost a few very rare species that time, one without even a described name yet! :(

Yup...common decency is a thing lost to the wind these days.

Sorry to hear about all the hasstle you had. Service providers that think service on their terms is service really get my goat...

Your re-worked growning area looks great, I am sure everything will bounce back given the TLC you are giving them.

Thanks for sharing.

This is just like my porch, only you have more taste!

True that..thanks for the compliments!

Here's my family of bird babies in my Miranda too..
P8010030.jpg

Awww

I think I just got a overdose of cuteness. :awesome:

Neat, just not close to cute. o_o

:awesome:

I think I just got a overdose of cuteness. :awesome:

Omg yes!

Neat, just not close to cute. o_o

haha..:lol: sort of like I think kittens aren't cute until they hit 8 weeks.

Here's some more pics I just took because it's sunny:
P8010016.jpg

P8010015.jpg

baby nutans
P8010008.jpg

heteroXminor just opened up
P8010006.jpg

hetero just opened up
P8010004.jpg

pulchella back from the dead..
P8010005.jpg

and an SG intermediate amp (I guess for intermediate I don't get my choice of colors like the old ford model T :-)))
P8010001.jpg

P8010002.jpg

Everything looks great, Thez! Nicely done! Love the helis.

*takes a bow*

Take another! Great plants

Back