What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shark week

• Thread starter naich
  • Start date
so tonights episode about the 2008 summer of sharks attacks on the west coast is pretty interesting. who else is watching, and how are you liking it?

Missed it. I like sharks, maybe because I've never actually met one in its hood, and used to watch a lot of shark week shows. But too many of the shows seem to be filler. Two memorable ones were a show about jumping Great Whites and another about Makos. If the rest of the shows were even half that good, I think I'd watch the whole week.

Speaking of shark attacks, I found these US statistics via Google (at a CNN site):

- 2000: 53 attacks, 1 fatal
- 2001: 50 attacks, 3 fatal
- 2002: 47 attacks, 0 fatal
- 2003: 40 attacks, 1 fatal
- 2004: 30 attacks, 2 fatal
- 2005: 40 attacks, 1 fatal
- 2006: 39 attacks, 0 fatal
- 2007: 50 attacks, 0 fatal
- 2008: 41 attacks, 1 fatal
- 2009: 28 attacks, 0 fatal

We average something around 3,000,000 injuries and 40,000 fatalities due to motor vehicle accidents every year and I'd like to know how many of them are people who are going to or returning from the ocean. I bet cars are a bigger threat than sharks.

yes that is true. your more likly to be killed by a deer or bee every year then a shark attack.

Back