Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: worst pain ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrowinOld View Post
    Ah, I have had the 24/7 sort of pain, So I know what you mean Rattler!
    I have enjoyed over 20 years of it, and would gladly trade it to anyone relishing and wanting pain!

Chronic pain stole a good portion of my life and ability to live a normal life.
    If you want real pain, try this! The uncontrollable kind! The unexpected kind. The kind you can't make stop whenever you want it to. That is real pain, not this self inflicted, self controlled, excruciating but short lived sense of shock you refer to as pain.
    Real, hard core pain comes when you don't want it. It debilitates you, wears you down, hurts you not just bodily, but down to your soul. It continues long after the excitement is gone, long after you get congratulations of how brave you were, and how painful your experience must have been, how cool or wonderful your metal hardware trophy jewelry is. It continues to gnaw at you, keep you awake at night, night after night, without disappearing. It takes your attention until you cannot focus on anything else, and makes it impossible to experience anything else, let alone enjoy things. It incapacitates you, cripples you, and affects and destroys every enjoyable aspect of your life.

If pain really is living, then I must be one of the most alive people around (and I know there are others like me here, as I have read some of the things you all have written).
    [http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...ht=worst+pain]
    For us pain isn't a game, a trophy of endurance, a way to help us feel alive. Pain for us is hell, and it steals our lives as it drains us of all our energy and often makes just living near impossible. It sure isn't something we need to help us feel "alive"! To me, feeling alive comes from living!

This forum is TF. I can share with you, your love of CP's. But I cannot share with you in your love and desire for pain. I myself have experienced enough pain in my life, in ways I never wanted nor expected. With all that life has to offer, pain is not something I would seek it out.

The thread I referred to above shows what real pain does to people and what it is really all about. Their pain has brought fear, depression, fatigue, and a host of other experiences that no one would ever want. That thread introduces you to people worthy of admiration, for their endurance and dealing with pain and its full effects is indeed a true accomplishment.

I am not sure why you chose pain, but different strokes for different folks I guess.
    It is what it is!
    Just my opinions and thoughts. Took me years to get them!

yeah i dont get that endorphin rush that comes with most ppls tattoos and the like......feels the same start to finish whether im sitting there for 10 minutes or 2 hours....kinda use up all my endorphins getting out of bed in the morning.....

Bruce, dont think its a failing of the system so much as its trying to nail jello to a wall.....pain is highly individual, what works for one guy wont for another with the exact same injury......same reason cancer can be a royal PITA to treat....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Learning How To Multiply Indigo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... When you gonna do something to yourself such as getting your sensitive part pierced you already know you gonna get the pain. my lame worse pain is a belly flop hahaha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When something is posted here on the forum, it is making itself open for voiced opinions. That is partly what a forum is all about.
    We do seem to have a variety of opinions and background experiences on this subject, and it isn't just about piercing, but also pain... as the title itself suggested.

While we do share a common interest in CP's, I don't know that everyone here can appreciate the entire piercing/deliberate controlled pain infliction some people do to themselves. Perhaps there are other forums that exist, where one can get a more positive appreciation for that sort of thing.

Like Rattler, any endorphins I have left in my system are all used up by breakfast time! (Seriously!)
    I do understand it however, as years back I actually tried hurting other parts of my body deliberately, just to get the "normal pain" I experience to get out of my focus for a while. A silly thing to do I know, but at the time I was desperate to try anything to alieviate the pain I was in. It didn't work for more than a moment however, so was dropped as a way to try to secrete more endorphins.

As can be seen by the responses here, there are many types of pain and as was mentioned, its effects are highly individual. I can understand how someone experiencing chronic pain can think that anyone choosing pain deliberately may be a little bit "off", however obviously different people like different things.
    (In fact, I myself have done a lot of things people would consider "off", however self inflicted pain isn't one of them.) And as was brought up, it hasn't been determined if the OP was actually desiring the pain or just expressing the pride of new body decoration. Again, displaying it in a body-art/piercing forum would have likely resulted in a more positive response and appreciation for it.

As far as what Jack said, I am sorry but I am not sure what he was saying in the first place, as for me, the emotional expressions overpowered what he was trying to say. I suppose I have become an "utterly mainstream boring individual", but when back in my 20's and 30's (especially before my current medical/physical condition) we were far from it.
    If you look at generations, the youth is always trying to do things that are "new" and different than the generations before them. It is a way of establishing individuality. As opposed to becoming "one of the adults in the tribe" by going thru rituals, people here are usually trying to create or fit into their own "tribe" (ie: often based on age group) with their own ways, by creating their own rituals, behavior and preferences of appearance. (Often the need to be different than our predecessors outweighs the logic of what we ultimately choose to do.) I don't know that this is a good or bad thing, but it is what is happening.

I have seen some beautiful new Tats, and some hideous ones (especially old ones on older people). It is hard making decisions that will affect 60+ years of your life, when you only have about 20 years of experiences to base them on. But that's life!

Good luck all,
    I have beaten this subject all I can.
    I am going back to play with my plants now!
    Experience is the best teacher. At least it used to be.
    But then, common sense isn't so common anymore, is it.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113866

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naich View Post
    just jack.....that was unnesisary....
    You're right. It caught me at a bad moment and struck a nerve.

I apologize for my rant. I stand by most of what I said, but regret the tone.
    Sorry to those I insulted or offended.
    Good growing, Jack
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead, American Anthropologist

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a piercing that I bet hurt worse and isn't boring ;P ;P ;P

Rawr.

Anyway I still want to know what the lame of that lip piercing is called? I've never seen that and it's pretty cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chibae View Post
    it is the idea of needing to feel pain, or the "rush" to feel alive that I find disturbing.
    Masochism :3
    <Heli> How are you guys losing your hamatas?
    <Brokken> Heli: The hamburglar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    I've got a piercing that I bet hurt worse and isn't boring ;P ;P ;P

Rawr.

Anyway I still want to know what the lame of that lip piercing is called? I've never seen that and it's pretty cool.
    Labret. Particularly the upper labret. Got my lower but getting the upper to match is almost impossible with my job.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Teenage mutilators aren't quite analogous to this. But consider this, anyone enduring if not enjoying hours of tattoos can't help but go through rushes of endorphines. Think of the people who do suspensions from hooks and rings. What motivates them baffles most (me too, though I kinda get it).
    Good growing, Jack
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead, American Anthropologist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrowinOld View Post
    I have seen some beautiful new Tats, and some hideous ones (especially old ones on older people). It is hard making decisions that will affect 60+ years of your life, when you only have about 20 years of experiences to base them on. But that's life!
    pretty easy to get around alot of that......

#1: no names inked but blood relatives...my next tat will include my nephews foot print and name, he died after a two day fight in the NICU a few weeks ago....make fun of me if yah want but i think its really bad mojo to get my wifes name inked on my body.....

#2: dont get ink anywhere that cant be covered by what you can ever imagine wearing to work on a daily basis.....ill get nothing done on my face, neck, hands or any part of my arm that cant be covered with a t-shirt even though at the moment i own my own business and can dress how i see fit.....

#3: a pot leaf and other drug stuff may seem cool now but try explaining that crap to your kids in 15 years when your telling them drugs can lead to bad things though it may work as an example pretty well
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast