What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

worst pain ever

An1matr0n1k

Brandon
not really ever but the septum definately doesnt tickle
an1matr0n1k

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

ew black heads

Whoaaaaaa...veryyyy nice!

Three guys are sitting around the campfire talking about what the worst pain they had ever experienced in their lives was.

The first guy told about how he was working construction and had cut off both his pinky and index finger while working the power saw, and how he had to stitch it up himself. The other two guys shake their heads and agree that it was pretty bad."

The second guy said, "That's bad, but I have something worse. I was out with my buddies jumping off rocks into the creek. I didn't see one rock, and I smashed my tailbone right on the corner. I am still recovering from it."

The third guy said, "Man, those are both bad, but I think I can beat both of you. One day I was out doing lumberjack work and I had to take a crap. I ran over to the bushes and sat right on a bear trap. Man that thing clamped onto my balls and would not let go."

Both of the other guys grimace, "Ooouch. That has got to be the worst pain!" they agreed.

The third guy said, "No. The worst pain in the world is when I hit the end of the chain!"

then why do it?

aesthetics. the same reason you care about what your hair looks like or if your clothes are clean or if your neps are throwing out nice pitchers. plus pain is living( and adrenaline producing)

aesthetics. the same reason you care about what your hair looks like or if your clothes are clean or if your neps are throwing out nice pitchers. plus pain is living( and adrenaline producing)

i guarantee you only say that cause yah aint in it 24/7.....believe me......

never could get worked up over piercings though i do like a gal with her ears pierced other than that ill pass on the metal both on me and on my wife......dont mind ink work though and have been having some of that done....

I had both ears full of rings and nose piercing in the late 80s & early 90s but I've let them grow over. I'm too old/lazy to care that much about my appearance anymore. Every so often I buy some amazing gear I didn't have as a metal kid but I don't wear it, it just get stored until it gets eBayed. Gimmie my comfortable ratty old black metal tshirts and I'm done! LOL

I liked doing prison tats (by hand no gun) and piercings on people at parties in those days though. I remember my friend Jeff wanted his nipples done but he passed out after I did the first one so he had to have the other one done later on. :D

Ah, I have had the 24/7 sort of pain, So I know what you mean Rattler!
I have enjoyed over 20 years of it, and would gladly trade it to anyone relishing and wanting pain! :crazy:

Chronic pain stole a good portion of my life and ability to live a normal life.
If you want real pain, try this! The uncontrollable kind! The unexpected kind. The kind you can't make stop whenever you want it to. That is real pain, not this self inflicted, self controlled, excruciating but short lived sense of shock you refer to as pain.
Real, hard core pain comes when you don't want it. It debilitates you, wears you down, hurts you not just bodily, but down to your soul. It continues long after the excitement is gone, long after you get congratulations of how brave you were, and how painful your experience must have been, how cool or wonderful your metal hardware trophy jewelry is. It continues to gnaw at you, keep you awake at night, night after night, without disappearing. It takes your attention until you cannot focus on anything else, and makes it impossible to experience anything else, let alone enjoy things. :thumbdown: It incapacitates you, cripples you, and affects and destroys every enjoyable aspect of your life. :lac:

If pain really is living, then I must be one of the most alive people around (and I know there are others like me here, as I have read some of the things you all have written).
[http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123795&highlight=worst+pain]
For us pain isn't a game, a trophy of endurance, a way to help us feel alive. Pain for us is hell, and it steals our lives as it drains us of all our energy and often makes just living near impossible. :crap: It sure isn't something we need to help us feel "alive"! To me, feeling alive comes from living!

This forum is TF. I can share with you, your love of CP's. But I cannot share with you in your love and desire for pain. I myself have experienced enough pain in my life, in ways I never wanted nor expected. With all that life has to offer, pain is not something I would seek it out.

The thread I referred to above shows what real pain does to people and what it is really all about. Their pain has brought fear, depression, fatigue, and a host of other experiences that no one would ever want. That thread introduces you to people worthy of admiration, for their endurance and dealing with pain and its full effects is indeed a true accomplishment.

I am not sure why you chose pain, but different strokes for different folks I guess.
It is what it is!
Just my opinions and thoughts. Took me years to get them!

I think you guys are taking his pain comment a little too seriously lol. I don't think he meant it to be taken that seriously.... But then again maybe he's into that sort of thing lol.

I've never seen that type of lip piercing... What do you call that? A reverse labret?

I need to repierce my ears, this thread was a good reminder.

I would have to assume he was talking about the temporary pain that comes with making a new piercing :crazy:

Nothing beats the RUSH !!!

get a tattoo over your collar bone and arm pit, then talk to me about pain.. lol

I've deleted this response for better judgement.

Apologies.

Last edited:
I have no problem with someone of a sound mind choosing to experience unnecessary pain. It isn't foolish, glorious or any other adjective. As for chronic pain, it's sad that so many people have to endure that. Pain management is one of the major failings of our medical system and the experiences some people have described here recently show we have a long way to go.

I was merely asking nthe OP that if, as his title suggested, it was the worst pain ever, than why did he do it? perhaps a better title would have been "Most painful piercing ever" I can understand the withstanding of temperory pain for personal choice, after all, my ears are pierced. Small potatos compared to noses and tatoos but still a brief pain for a personal choice.
In my opinion, if the pain of tatoos and piercings is something you ACCEPT as part of having the body art you desire, then I will defend your choice against any argument. But, if it is the PAIN that is driving you to have the tatoos and piercings, then I'd be worried.
In a past life I have worked with teenage "cutters" it is the idea of needing to feel pain, or the "rush" to feel alive that I find disturbing.

Last edited:
just jack.....that was unnesisary....

Ah, I have had the 24/7 sort of pain, So I know what you mean Rattler!
I have enjoyed over 20 years of it, and would gladly trade it to anyone relishing and wanting pain! :crazy:

Chronic pain stole a good portion of my life and ability to live a normal life.
If you want real pain, try this! The uncontrollable kind! The unexpected kind. The kind you can't make stop whenever you want it to. That is real pain, not this self inflicted, self controlled, excruciating but short lived sense of shock you refer to as pain.
Real, hard core pain comes when you don't want it. It debilitates you, wears you down, hurts you not just bodily, but down to your soul. It continues long after the excitement is gone, long after you get congratulations of how brave you were, and how painful your experience must have been, how cool or wonderful your metal hardware trophy jewelry is. It continues to gnaw at you, keep you awake at night, night after night, without disappearing. It takes your attention until you cannot focus on anything else, and makes it impossible to experience anything else, let alone enjoy things. :thumbdown: It incapacitates you, cripples you, and affects and destroys every enjoyable aspect of your life. :lac:

If pain really is living, then I must be one of the most alive people around (and I know there are others like me here, as I have read some of the things you all have written).
[http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123795&highlight=worst+pain]
For us pain isn't a game, a trophy of endurance, a way to help us feel alive. Pain for us is hell, and it steals our lives as it drains us of all our energy and often makes just living near impossible. :crap: It sure isn't something we need to help us feel "alive"! To me, feeling alive comes from living!

This forum is TF. I can share with you, your love of CP's. But I cannot share with you in your love and desire for pain. I myself have experienced enough pain in my life, in ways I never wanted nor expected. With all that life has to offer, pain is not something I would seek it out.

The thread I referred to above shows what real pain does to people and what it is really all about. Their pain has brought fear, depression, fatigue, and a host of other experiences that no one would ever want. That thread introduces you to people worthy of admiration, for their endurance and dealing with pain and its full effects is indeed a true accomplishment.

I am not sure why you chose pain, but different strokes for different folks I guess.
It is what it is!
Just my opinions and thoughts. Took me years to get them!

yeah i dont get that endorphin rush that comes with most ppls tattoos and the like......feels the same start to finish whether im sitting there for 10 minutes or 2 hours....kinda use up all my endorphins getting out of bed in the morning.....

Bruce, dont think its a failing of the system so much as its trying to nail jello to a wall.....pain is highly individual, what works for one guy wont for another with the exact same injury......same reason cancer can be a royal PITA to treat....

Well... When you gonna do something to yourself such as getting your sensitive part pierced you already know you gonna get the pain. my lame worse pain is a belly flop hahaha

When something is posted here on the forum, it is making itself open for voiced opinions. That is partly what a forum is all about.
We do seem to have a variety of opinions and background experiences on this subject, and it isn't just about piercing, but also pain... as the title itself suggested.

While we do share a common interest in CP's, I don't know that everyone here can appreciate the entire piercing/deliberate controlled pain infliction some people do to themselves. Perhaps there are other forums that exist, where one can get a more positive appreciation for that sort of thing.

Like Rattler, any endorphins I have left in my system are all used up by breakfast time! (Seriously!)
I do understand it however, as years back I actually tried hurting other parts of my body deliberately, just to get the "normal pain" I experience to get out of my focus for a while. A silly thing to do I know, but at the time I was desperate to try anything to alieviate the pain I was in. It didn't work for more than a moment however, so was dropped as a way to try to secrete more endorphins.

As can be seen by the responses here, there are many types of pain and as was mentioned, its effects are highly individual. I can understand how someone experiencing chronic pain can think that anyone choosing pain deliberately may be a little bit "off", however obviously different people like different things.
(In fact, I myself have done a lot of things people would consider "off", however self inflicted pain isn't one of them.) And as was brought up, it hasn't been determined if the OP was actually desiring the pain or just expressing the pride of new body decoration. Again, displaying it in a body-art/piercing forum would have likely resulted in a more positive response and appreciation for it.

As far as what Jack said, I am sorry but I am not sure what he was saying in the first place, as for me, the emotional expressions overpowered what he was trying to say. I suppose I have become an "utterly mainstream boring individual", but when back in my 20's and 30's (especially before my current medical/physical condition) we were far from it.
If you look at generations, the youth is always trying to do things that are "new" and different than the generations before them. It is a way of establishing individuality. As opposed to becoming "one of the adults in the tribe" by going thru rituals, people here are usually trying to create or fit into their own "tribe" (ie: often based on age group) with their own ways, by creating their own rituals, behavior and preferences of appearance. (Often the need to be different than our predecessors outweighs the logic of what we ultimately choose to do.) I don't know that this is a good or bad thing, but it is what is happening.

I have seen some beautiful new Tats, and some hideous ones (especially old ones on older people). It is hard making decisions that will affect 60+ years of your life, when you only have about 20 years of experiences to base them on. But that's life!

Good luck all,
I have beaten this subject all I can.
I am going back to play with my plants now!

just jack.....that was unnesisary....

You're right. It caught me at a bad moment and struck a nerve. :censor:

I apologize for my rant. I stand by most of what I said, but regret the tone.
Sorry to those I insulted or offended.

Back