What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stinky sang

My N.sanguinea has been outside all summer and growing really well. It is catching a ton of bugs, so much so that it smells really bad. You can smell it within 10 feet of the plant. I wanted to take it inside this week because it was going to exceptionally hot, into the 100's, but not stinking like that. So I proceeded to pull off the stinky pitchers. Most came off ok, the largest stinkiest one though put up a fight and in self-defense, spewed it's rotten contents all over my the front of my shirt. After an intial gag from the stench now just a few inches from my face I went inside to change. Even after showering I could still smell it the rest of the day. :puke2:

That'll learn ya. :nono:

Oh that's just nasty. Yuck.

Glad computers don't come with smell-o-vision...

Coulnd't you just flush them with water ?

Coulnd't you just flush them with water ?
Yup, I've flushed them with a garden sprayer, but that just makes a bug remains shower! LOL

I don't think anyone grows Neps very long without being slimed a few times - it's all part of the fun! :D

N. inermis has the grossest fluid though, I tipped over a mature pitcher and the goo ran several feet to the floor of the large grow chamber from the dumped over pitcher, like a huge line of slimey drool!

N. inermis has the grossest fluid though, I tipped over a mature pitcher and the goo ran several feet to the floor of the large grow chamber from the dumped over pitcher, like a huge line of slimey drool!
Once in my Vent, I cut off an old pitcher, and Jello poured out. Only it wasn't Jello. It was a cricket's remains from one year ago. It was nasty!

Back