User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neighbor's pit bull attacked my dog!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im a dog guy......got 2 of them on the couch next to me as i type this and a third one in the backyard working off breakfast.....i fully realize this is 100% on the owners head and i know of good pitbulls, my brother had one that was in my top 5 favorite dogs that i have ever been around.....

that said given the current laws do not let yah take a baseball bat to the idiot owner the dog needs to be put down as the owner has proven he cant handle the dog and unfortunatly it takes a ton of work to reverce this kinda behavior......as i said i dont fault any dog that protects his own turf, even if that means killing another......but i do not tolerate a dog that will bust through a fence to get to a dog in another yard....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for your kind words and helpful advice. I have 16 new photos. I'll let the photos tell some of the story.

2010-08-08 Check out Garth's leg wounds.

2010-08-10 Garth resting.

2010-08-18 Garth had a staple fall out.

2010-08-18 Close-up of staple that fell out.

2010-08-18 Garth restapled.

2010-08-10 Dangerous dog sticking her head through gap in fence.

2010-08-18 Gaps in fence.

2010-08-18 This is where the dogs usually bark at each other.

2010-08-18 Gap in fence "temporarily" blocked.

2010-08-22 My mom put up a dangerous dog sign on one of our Mulberry trees.

The pictures don't tell the whole story, so now you'll have to read to learn about all of the ridiculousness that has been going on. Garth's stitching fell apart in several places, so that's why he got the staples. A couple of staples fell out but he's all stapled up good now. Forgot to mention, Garth had his drainage tubes taken out a while ago. Also, Garth is 12 years old; he has arthritis and valley fever (Coccidioidomycosis.) He takes medicine for his illnesseses and is healing from the dangerous dog attack at a slower rate than our veterinarian expected.

The owner of the dangerous animal, "Jason", avoided animal control for almost a week after the attack. On August 11th, animal control finally took the dangerous dog away. My family actually felt safe, but only for a week. On August 18th, animal control returned the dangerous dog! Jason had been working on the fence, but as the photos prove, there are still several gaps in the fence where the the dangerous dog could fit through.

My mom moved to our current home in 2005. For maybe a year, when we had fence problems on Jason's side of the fence, Jason would fix the fence. But starting sometime in 2006, when we had more fence problems, Jason wouldn't do anything about it. He would promise to fix the problems that he is responsible for, but he was just lying. He didn't try to fix any fence problems until shortly before the dangerous dog attack (in 2010.) My mom and my sister would usually talk to Jason, but it turned out that he is a compulsive liar. I almost never talk to Jason because he is a liar. Also, when he gets angry, which happens frequently, he gets verbally abusive. So, unfortunately, he is not worth talking to.

Last Thursday morning, about a day after the dangerous dog was back, my Mom didn't know what to do, so she put up a sign that said, "Pit bull next door." This enraged Jason. Thursday evening, I was pulling sedge grass out of one of my Sarracenia mini-bogs. Jason started up a conversation with me, but I ignored him because I can't stand him. He was angry about the sign and began to verbally abuse me. He was abusive for several minutes. Maybe I should have told him off, but I didn't. Then on Friday, Jason and his girlfriend/wife harassed my mom. They brought with them a camcorder, hoping to record my mom being angry. Although my mom didn't like them harassing her, she made them look like fools; she's pretty smart like that. Eventually they turned off the camcorder and my mom told them to turn it back on (because they were looking like fools.) Instead they left the camcorder off and screamed at her for another few minutes, then walked back to their home.

In addition to putting up the sign, my mom called two different animal control cops. They never called her back. Instead someone else from animal control contacted my mom. Apparently Jason has been telling more lies because the person from animal control chewed out my mom for harassing Jason. Although it is true that Jason had been working on the fence, there are still gaps in the fence. This whole situation is frustrating our family, and we do not feel safe. We should be getting a camcorder in the mail sometime this week so that we'll have video evidence of any further harassment. I picked out a JVC Everio GZ-MS230 camcorder; I hope that it'll be a decent enough standard definition camcorder; I'm usually the one responsible for picking out electronics for our family. By the way, the photographs in this thread were taken by a Canon Powershot A590 IS, which used to be one of the better digital cameras available when I picked out the camera about a year ago.

Today my mom changed the sign out front to read, "Dangerous dog next yard." Apparently animal control cares more about "dangerous dogs" than "pit bulls". The court case is about two weeks away. I don't have a specific date yet, but we should be receiving info in the mail pretty soon for the court date; I can't hardly wait. One final thought: Garth's medical bills now exceed $700.

John

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to read about this unfortunate incident John. I don't get it..... this is just insane. How can animal control return that dog? How come the police are not involved?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally feel for you. I hope that your neighbor's dog is branded as 'dangerous' and never gets to go out without supervision and a muzzle. Little consolation to Garth. Poor guy!
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two words..... Louisville Slugger.......right between the running lights.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or a good old steeltoe boot to the throat...
    No, i dont advocate animal cruelty or violence, but something needs to be done about this particular animal, the police should be involved, and the dog should be detained and properly taken care of, where i grew up, these dogs were put down...
    This owner had better not walk away from this without an empty pocket, that poor dog....i am so sorry to hear about this, i have always loves animals, and this just breaks my heart....i hope that owner never lives this down, freaking lazy people halfassing their jobs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so sorry that you have to deal with a terrible owner who fails to properly train and provide productive outlets for their animals high energy personality. This is a sad but too common story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually started crying looking at the second set of pictures.
    I hope Garth heals quickly and something is done with Jason's Pitbul.
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast