What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another "first" in my life announced here.

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
I know there are a lot of you that don't know me from "way back when" I was just a member... But I shared everything here to my friends, from my kids' births, to the hardship and loss of one. It's the whole reason I bought this forum instead of letting it be taken over by advertisers... So many friends here to share my life with, even if it's just talking about what we love.
Well, today is another first. To go with the announcement of births, and sharing birthday pictures, today I share with you Laurel's (birth post) first day of school. She never went to preschool, or had a babysitter, so this is our first time having her away from us. She was very excited though, even got up 2 hours too early!

Getting ready for the drive

IMG_1292.JPG

Walking into her class

IMG_1300.JPG

Have a good day baby girl!!

ahh, such a bittersweet moment

Wow, big day! I don't remember my first day of preschool, but I definitely remember my first day of several grades. Wish I could say I was as bold as your little trooper!
~Joe

GZ!!, i hope she likes it, i can still remember my first day, i did not like it one bit :p

Her birthday is like a month too late to get into the normal Kindergarten... So we checked with a charter school that is actually rated better than the elementary and they tested her and decided she was a perfect candidate for their program, by the end of this kindergarten year they'll be done with up to first grade and from then on they teach one year in advanced. She'll be 5 in Sept.

Wow, I hope she can appreciate what a great opportunity she's earned. You must be proud. :)
~Joe

PS - It's totally weird to me to have friends who's kids are growing up and talking, going to school, etc. I'm just barely getting used to the idea of my friends having children. I go to visit some family friends every once in a while and see their grandson, and when I talk to this little 10-year-old miniature person I can't help but think, "I used to be able to hold you in one arm! You pooped yourself on me!"

be surprised what schools can do when allowed....the local school here has some flexible programs that allow bright students to shoot ahead on reading especially......at the end of last year there were 24 kindergartners that read at a 1st grade level and of those 12 were reading at a 2nd grade level by the end of the year.....they have a similar program for math.....since my oldest and one of the math teachers really dont mesh for various reasons, she wont be in the normal sophomore math class this year and is instead in an independent studies type program and could quite possibly finish out the year farther ahead than if she took the regular class.....not bad for a poor indian reservation public school.....

Wow Andrew congratulation I can't believe she is that big, it just seems like yesterday you posted her newborn photos.

-Jeremiah-

Wow, she is ADORABLE!

Congrats Andrew, before you know it it'll be College! Snap all the pics you can while you still can, she looks like she's gonna be a straight A student that one. You must be very proud :)

Nice! I sure hope she has a better experience in school than I did.

Awww. It is a flip of the coin whether I or my youngest will cry when he gets on the bus for school next year. :)

Congrats! I remember my first day of Kindergarten... kind of.

Congrats, I can't believe it' been 5 years. Where does the time go.

HUH?????? Where did that new born baby go...............................

Another of life's mile-stones. Next thing you know you'll be buying a car for her...

Yes, time does fly. Enjoy those precious moments to the fullest.

I had to buy my first car. So will they. :rant: haha

Back