What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Vape?

I just got one of those e-cigarettes to hopefully stop smoking. So far I like it a lot. Anyone else have any experiences with these or use them? I got mine from totallywicked.com.

It's not as satifying as a regular cig but I've cut down on them significantly since getting the electronic cigarette. Next step is to only buy a pack a week when I'm drinking with friends. Then a gradual wean off of the 'analog' cigs to the e-cig, then a gradual reduction in nicotine levels to a zero nicotine e-liquid. I think this is my best chance to quit smoking for good.

I don't have one, but my brother does. I have taken a few puffs and to me it is about the same as a cigarette. The water vapor even has a tobacco taste, albeit a cheap generic cigarette taste. If they could only work on the taste to mimic Marlboro Lights, it would be perfect!

I don't smoke everyday, but I do like to smoke socially when drinking. I could go a month without smoking, but as soon as I have a drink or two I crave cigarettes!

Here's a review of their Malboro 36mg and others. I would recommend these guys over all others.

I'm a menthol smoker. I'm currently vaping their stock 16mg menthol e-liquid and it isn't bad at all. Especially if you add a couple of drops directly to the heating component.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcfaJhzzN_I

I don't have one, but my brother does. I have taken a few puffs and to me it is about the same as a cigarette. The water vapor even has a tobacco taste, albeit a cheap generic cigarette taste. If they could only work on the taste to mimic Marlboro Lights, it would be perfect!

I don't smoke everyday, but I do like to smoke socially when drinking. I could go a month without smoking, but as soon as I have a drink or two I crave cigarettes!

I developed (or perhaps even just noticed) a lump on my gum last Xmas and freaked out, diagnosing myself online that I had developed mouth cancer. Several ENT doctors and dentists examined it and said it wasn't. I didn't believe any of them while I was temporarily insane with the "I have cancer" panic. But the upshot is the paranoia got me to quit cold turkey immediately that day of finding the bump, after 20+ years of smokin' at least 1/2 - 2 packs every day - I started at 12.

I haven't gone back to smoking tobacco since quitting last year but I have gained the prerequisite 30 lbs or so - cos Earl's Cheesy Puffs are good! :D

I hear you, man. Smoking is SO bad for you.

Those flamin' hot cheetos are awesome too. They're like napalm for your butthole though.

I developed (or perhaps even just noticed) a lump on my gum last Xmas and freaked out, diagnosing myself online that I had developed mouth cancer. Several ENT doctors and dentists examined it and said it wasn't. I didn't believe any of them while I was temporarily insane with the "I have cancer" panic. But the upshot is the paranoia got me to quit cold turkey immediately that day of finding the bump, after 20+ years of smokin' at least 1/2 - 2 packs every day - I started at 12.

I haven't gone back to smoking tobacco since quitting last year but I did gain the prerequisite 30 lbs or so - cos Earl's Cheesy Puffs are good! :D

Now that I don't smoke and my clothes are all rid of the cig smell the only thing that I think about cigs is they stink, I always enjoyed the act of smoking but now they stink since I'm not around the smell.

My dads doctor prescibed him some drug to quit smoking (Chantix) that they quit giving to soliders to quit smoking cos it was causing them to freak out. The ads used to say "May cause lucid dreaming" but my dad said it was almost like an acid trip every time you went to sleep or even closed your eyes for a while you'd get all kinds of wild closed eye visuals, I told him it sounded fun but he never gave me any. LOL

Speaking of Napalm, I like curry and often go overboard with it when I cook something up. Bad times in the morning! :D

I took Chantix for about 2 weeks because my work paid for it. I never got to experience any lucid dreams from it (damn it- that usually takes months or years of training), but I did get the experience of going to the bar and not catching a buzz no matter how much I drank. I stopped taking it that night.:crazy:

Curry powder is delicious, I agree. A 'Curry' is a gravy in indian and thai cuisine that can range from mild to nuclear holocaust to your GI tract and sinuses- especially when you have IBS like me. I like to eat spicy Thai food a few times a year, but only when I have the day off and a toilet nearby, LOL.

My dad was on it for a long, long time. They put it out in 12 week treatments IIRC and he did several of them. He did finally quit but he told me about the closed eye visuals long before the army banned it and wasn't surprised when I told him about the article I'd read about them banning it.

At least if the side effects isn't a sure thing it'll keep the kids from using it recreationally.

Yeah, plus it takes weeks for anything cool to happen. Most young people these days aren't that disciplined.

Congrats on attempting to quit. Im with dashman, never smoke unless im socially drinking. Everyone here in New York are going broke trying to buy cigs, something like $9 -10 for a pack now..

That's the other benefit to the e-cigs. They're A LOT cheaper after the initial investment of $50 or so on a machine, spare parts, liquids ect. They pretty much pay for themselves after a month, then they're like 50-80% cheaper than regular cigs after that.

$10 a pack! That's about what they're up to in Chicago last time I went out there. Unbelievable! I remember when I first started really smoking at age 18 you could get a pack of Marlboros for around $3.25. Now they're twice that.

I just had to read this because I've never heard of the word, 'Vape'. I tried smoking when I was like 15. All I got out of it was a headache and a sore throat, which is the same thing I get when in the airspace of someone who smokes. My dad smoked Camel non-filter cigarettes for 40 years. He had quadruple-pass surgery and several heart attacks. He died from kidey failure. I just don't cigarettes beyond fitting in or being cool... which I don't and am not!

Yeah, I don't do it because it's cool anymore. I do it because I'm addicted to them.

Even the e-cigs aren't good for you. Nicotine is a vasodialator and raises blood pressure temporarily.

But it's 99% better for you than regular cigs (which I still smoke, albeit less frequently), with all the tar and carcinogens. Plus it's a hell of a lot cheaper, and you can do it indoors.

Nicotine is profoundly addicting and I have waltzed around with quitting over and over. I don't think vapeing is the answer. I tried it, and didn't care for it. I have friends who use this, and I notice they seem to have the thing in their mouth A LOT. Higher dosages are available, and escalation seems inevitable. Since the drug is cheaper this way, it's easy to become more deeply addicted so I feel that this is not a good way to go if you want to quit. I'm down to 3 cigs a week, and have smoked a pack a day for over 40 years. Cold turkey is probably the best way to go with this, but I realize how hard this really is to do but you MUST CONSTANTLY fight the addiction! Weaning off to almost nothing will make it easier.

As a smoker, you know there are times you can't smoke, and you don't die if you can't. You tell yourself "I can have one later on" Quitting just means you extend your ability to have one later, to MUCH later. This might sound trite, but it is the best headset I have ever found for reducing and eventually eliminating the habit. I'm almost there.

Maybe you tried before and couldn't quit, but don't buy into the headset that you are necessarily going to go through hell again and fail in the end. Mental attitude is important and if you believe you will go through hell, it will become a self fulfilling prophesy. Don't embrace the negative.

Here in NY, smokers are cows for the State. I hate this, and so I will use my hate to deny the State my milk. If I have to give up smoking, at least this brings deep satisfaction.

I hear what your saying. I have quit before and gone back to them within months. For me it's about the psychological habit as much as the nicotine addiction. The e-cig for me fulfills both. I agree that you could be on the e-cig and still be completely addicted to nicotine, even getting more nicotine than you would with smoking cigarettes with the higher dose liquids (36 mg is the highest I've seen) and "chain vaping". Even then it's way cheaper and way safer than smoking. It's kind of a win-win thing.

Me personally I don't want to be sucking on this thing forever so I started on the 18 mg liquid and in a few months I'll reduce it down. Then again in another few months, ect. until I get down to 0 mg nicotine free liquid. I figure by then it won't have much hold over me and I can gradually get rid of my "pacifier". It's a process- hell, I'm still smoking regular cigs along with the thing now, just not nearly as many.

Worst case scenario is you get addicted to the e-cig. Still beats dying of emphysema, COPD, heart attack, stroke or cancer. Plus when cigarettes hit $10 a pack nationwide you can just laugh about it.

All this is just my opinion based on my initial experiences, though. I could still change my mind about the whole thing :). I say that after breaking the atomizer on mine trying to "clean" it. It's a learning experience getting used to them and they do require some maintenance. You definetly want spare parts for these things laying around in case something breaks or runs out, especially if you're using it as a nicotine replacement. It's not like you can run to the corner store and get a new atomizer, LOL.

Last edited:
Just saw this and thought of you ;D
"Today, my new $100 electronic cigarette came in the mail. I was so excited to try it out, so I used it on the drive to work. The company wasn't kidding when they said it looked and felt real. I threw it out the window when I was done. I watched the car behind me run it over. FML"

Just saw this and thought of you ;D
"Today, my new $100 electronic cigarette came in the mail. I was so excited to try it out, so I used it on the drive to work. The company wasn't kidding when they said it looked and felt real. I threw it out the window when I was done. I watched the car behind me run it over. FML"

LMAO!!!!!

Back