Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Liz's Re-Did Grow Space: Now 3x More Efficent!!! :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new frog is awesome! Any idea what kind it is? I love the cryptic color.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, well, I've no idea, really, but to be honest, all the frogs I've been seeing around are whitish-I assume it's cause of the cold, cause there was a way smaller and smoother one hiding in my pile of old greenhouse bits, it was white too, with gold eyes that are half-open.

Actually, Google just told me he's a Cuban Treefrog- the ginormous size and bumpy skin on the back is a giveaway, and they have the same hypno-eyes
    Hahaha, yeah, Wikipedia just said they can appear white when inactive or cold.

I just really don't wanna startle him at night or something and end up with him glued to my face.

Edit: HER. He is infact a she, because of the size and lack of black thumbs :3
    Last edited by lizasaur; 12-12-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's awesome. All of your plants are looking pretty efficiently organized and healthy. I can't wait to see all those Sarr's pop up in the spring. Should be a sight to see.

Love the frog too, so a cuban treefrog, that means it's introduced? Still a beauty though, and something to add to any collection.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zhilin View Post

just a question: Is your N.amp x talan a seed grown or from TC culture? What's your conditions for it? People always say that this plant likes LL conditions. So recently I moved it indoor during night (still outdoor during daytime to receive enough sunlight). But it seems that it is stressed by the warm night temperature (the room night temperature is near the daytime temp.). Seems I still need to give it a slight night temp drop? or grow it in intermediate conditions? Mine is TC, not seed grown.
    Hey I just saw this post, sooo....

I am fairly certain that the "amp x talang" cross were seed grown. I can't say for certain but the way the plant was growing when I got it made me feel like it was SG.

This grew for me in both LL and HL conditions but only VERY slowly in HL conditions and it made pitchers the size of my thumbnail. Any time I gave it LL conditions it would blast away with growth. I'm pretty sure that most every Nepenthes does need a temp drop. So that is probably why yours is slightly stressed. Optimum condition for this plant (just estimating) would be probably 80-90 during the day, and 65-75 at night.

It would be important to give it that Temperature range where the temp is higher in the day than at night, than it is to expose it to a ton of sunlight. Mine did fine with only one or two measly CFL.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!
    I think the bottom line is that I just need a bigger table, of course, finally getting my mitts on a bigger tray would rightly solve this issue, too. It should be a sight to see if the sunlight issue gets solved...otherwise it'll just be a mass of gangly, etiolated green like earlier in this year :\
    I'm really hoping to make things start pitchering again now :3

Haha, yeah, I love having wildlife that doesn't harm my plants around They are an invasive species though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your plants will definitely grow some awesome pitchers now they will have had a full season of acclimation.

You have purpurea purpurea! Why can I not find this plant anywhere? I think it might be the only Sarracenia that could deal with the climate up here, but we'll have to see!
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, Liz!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged