What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liz's Re-Did Grow Space: Now 3x More Efficent!!! :D

Good job and nice plant! What a heart felt post. :)

Thank you for being on the forum

New neps!!
Full greenhouse shot. The beast is a possibly pure amp...possibly amp x talang:
DSCF5955.jpg

The tip of the growthtip got clipped, but I'm confident, it'll do fine!!

I luff teh pitchers :3
DSCF5956.jpg

Two SG Maximas! :-O
DSCF5959.jpg

Two SG Red Albos! :love:
DSCF5962.jpg

The lil' seedgrowns are most precious gifts from the ever-amazing Travis :-D

My PITA Ventricosa 'Red' cutting has had an explosion of growth upon being moved into water. :crazy: Hopefully it'll finally root.
DSCF5963.jpg

Mirabilis is vining, yes? I just hope it slows down a tad @_@
DSCF5964.jpg

thats quite amazing there! and all those jugs of distilled water....i hardly have any space left for them, and im so bad at throwing them away!

DSCF6073.jpg

Spend a week misting the ceph all groggy and not really looking at it, and suddenly, there's new growth everywhere! :lol:

Aww so cute :love:

I'm glad that ampullaria didn't get damaged too badly! Also I'm glad that the big pitcher looks healthy, make sure to fill it with water. I'm sure you did...

That was the biggest pitcher I could get it to grow, Hope it does much better for you. ;)

Very nice collection, and the greenhouse. Due to my limited space I cannot build a greenhouse currently. I wish I have a chance to build one in the future.

just a question: Is your N.amp x talan a seed grown or from TC culture? What's your conditions for it? People always say that this plant likes LL conditions. So recently I moved it indoor during night (still outdoor during daytime to receive enough sunlight). But it seems that it is stressed by the warm night temperature (the room night temperature is near the daytime temp.). Seems I still need to give it a slight night temp drop? or grow it in intermediate conditions? Mine is TC, not seed grown.

Thank you! The greenhouse is a small tabletop thing to get my still-managable collection of lowlanders through the winter.

The amp x talang is a newcomer from Dexenthes, so you'll have to ask him :) It's my understanding that it's a LL, so that's what its getting.

Looking good!! That albo pot is a whole lotta red!

:-D why thank you!
I'm still a long way off from being as cool as you though ;)

:-D why thank you!
I'm still a long way off from being as cool as you though ;)

Only because you passed me a long ways ago and never looked back. Your a long ways off because your so far ahead.
But in all actuality, is there a finish line in this race. I think not..

Hahahaha, well aren't you just too sweet? :awesome:
Nah, there's no finish line..

Winter Time Update

New 'greenhouse' arrangement. Lowlanders are closer to the lights and warmth, intermediates are on the bottom where it's slightly cooler, along with cool-growin dews and all my pings.
DSCF6327.jpg

And yeah, I had to cut a hole in the shelving for my Mirabilis to poke through cause it's just that tall.
I suspect this girl will be a winter resident of my garden, as I first spotted her lurkin' in my dormant-dew bin a few days ago. SO, her name shall be Bertha :-D
DSCF6321.jpg

She's huge, yo. About the size of my hand, almost, like...from my middle-finger knuckle to the bottom of my palm.
Peekaboo, I seeeeeee youuuuuuuu...
DSCF6326.jpg

My triggerplant surprise. There's lots of little baby sprouts hidin under it, and in the far corner of the pot :3
DSCF6320.jpg

Purpurea Planter!!
DSCF6319.jpg

VFT bog! Tis my project to fill it up in 2011
DSCF6318.jpg

Sarrs Sarrs Sarrs!! SARRS! :-O
DSCF6317.jpg

The sarrs...they're takin' over!!
DSCF6316.jpg

Newest heli. Dunno what it is, besides cute and a pleasant surprise!
DSCF6248.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, I have one of those greenhouses. How good is it? I may use it for neps then!

Eh. It's a good option if money's an issue, since it gets the job done.
It's not too sturdy, though...you get what you pay for.
If you put too much weight on the shelves, it begins to lean.
Mine personally collapsed when it was 4-tier, I've heard stories of other's blowin over in a storm.
That's why mine's now sitting on a table and won't ever be taller than it is now.
It'd be fine if it's inside or protected from the elements.

The new frog is awesome! Any idea what kind it is? I love the cryptic color.

Lol, well, I've no idea, really, but to be honest, all the frogs I've been seeing around are whitish-I assume it's cause of the cold, cause there was a way smaller and smoother one hiding in my pile of old greenhouse bits, it was white too, with gold eyes that are half-open.

Actually, Google just told me he's a Cuban Treefrog- the ginormous size and bumpy skin on the back is a giveaway, and they have the same hypno-eyes :p
Hahaha, yeah, Wikipedia just said they can appear white when inactive or cold.

I just really don't wanna startle him at night or something and end up with him glued to my face. :lol:

Edit: HER. He is infact a she, because of the size and lack of black thumbs :3

Last edited:
That's awesome. All of your plants are looking pretty efficiently organized and healthy. I can't wait to see all those Sarr's pop up in the spring. Should be a sight to see. :D

Love the frog too, so a cuban treefrog, that means it's introduced? Still a beauty though, and something to add to any collection.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

just a question: Is your N.amp x talan a seed grown or from TC culture? What's your conditions for it? People always say that this plant likes LL conditions. So recently I moved it indoor during night (still outdoor during daytime to receive enough sunlight). But it seems that it is stressed by the warm night temperature (the room night temperature is near the daytime temp.). Seems I still need to give it a slight night temp drop? or grow it in intermediate conditions? Mine is TC, not seed grown.

Hey I just saw this post, sooo....

I am fairly certain that the "amp x talang" cross were seed grown. I can't say for certain but the way the plant was growing when I got it made me feel like it was SG.

This grew for me in both LL and HL conditions but only VERY slowly in HL conditions and it made pitchers the size of my thumbnail. Any time I gave it LL conditions it would blast away with growth. I'm pretty sure that most every Nepenthes does need a temp drop. So that is probably why yours is slightly stressed. Optimum condition for this plant (just estimating) would be probably 80-90 during the day, and 65-75 at night.

It would be important to give it that Temperature range where the temp is higher in the day than at night, than it is to expose it to a ton of sunlight. Mine did fine with only one or two measly CFL.

Thanks!
I think the bottom line is that I just need a bigger table, of course, finally getting my mitts on a bigger tray would rightly solve this issue, too. It should be a sight to see if the sunlight issue gets solved...otherwise it'll just be a mass of gangly, etiolated green like earlier in this year :\
I'm really hoping to make things start pitchering again now :3

Haha, yeah, I love having wildlife that doesn't harm my plants around :-D They are an invasive species though.

Back