What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liz's Re-Did Grow Space: Now 3x More Efficent!!! :D

Wooo Nice Nepenthes! They are looking healthy and great. :)

My hybrid table is waking up. The tallest pitcher is as tall as from my middle finger to my elbow :3
DSCF7704.jpg

Closeup of the entire plant (Thank you, DroseraBug!)
DSCF7706.jpg

Another pretty Sarr that grew super bigtime huge between last year and this year.
DSCF7707.jpg

"Can Sarr seeds germinate outside?" You tell me! :-O
DSCF7708.jpg

:boogie:
DSCF7709.jpg

:woot:
DSCF7710.jpg

Sarr species lagging and backdropped my lowland nepenthes.
DSCF7711.jpg

Sundews are going nuts!
DSCF7712.jpg

Flytraps waking up nicely.
DSCF7713.jpg

Pings! I think I need more of these, lololol.
DSCF7714.jpg

Some of you may remember how thez_yo had a baby bird's nest in her giant N. Miranda last year. Looks like this year, I'm the birdy-baby-momma! :-D These cute little brown puffball hoppy birds made their nest in my bag of LFS. When I found it, it had just one pink-speckled little egg. Needing to get to my moss, I carefully removed the nest and put it into a perfectly sized orchid pot and back on the shelf where the bag of moss had been. I just decided to check on it today, uncertain if doing so made the birds abandon it. Surpriseee! :3
DSCF7715.jpg

DSCF7719.jpg

DSCF7722.jpg

Looks like 4 babies :3

AWWW THey are sooo ugly in a cute way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love newborn birds.

AWWW They are sooo ugly in an ugly way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg, you guys :lol:

BIRDY LIFE! :-O

And congrats on the sarr seeds...I figured that they would germinate well for you. ;)

i wish you many growth points this year! keep up the great work liz!

"Can Sarr seeds germinate outside?" You tell me! :-O

im just really curious..did someone actually ask you that? :0o:

"Can Sarr seeds germinate outside?"

"umm..no..for millions of years, every time a Sarracenia would flower and produce seed in the wild, a human would come along, collect the seeds, place them in a terrarium under artificial light, wait for the seeds to germinate, then transplant the seedlings back in the bog" ???

Scot

Scot,
Oh, no no :lol:
It's just out of everyone I asked, no one did them outside. No one even recommended it- though I got the odd "Well, I guess it would work because of nature." but that was it.
So I did it and *was* successful. :grin:

Way cool baby birds!

Your Sarracenia look very happy! As do your flytraps. I'm jealous of your temperate carnivore skills. :)

Nice birds too!

:blush:
My first ever video, one of two.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3C5OYdzclsc?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3C5OYdzclsc?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And I lied about going outside. By the time I finished (this is like, the 4th take, lol), it was dark outside, so I'll take a video of outside tomorrow :)

Very Nice video..and the plants look great. :grin:

Is that a dog i hear whimpering in the background.

@Exo: Thank you kindly, good sir. I have to do a good job with awesome growers such as yourself to look up to :p

@eou: o_O Uh....I'm kinda wheezy and nasally cause my allergies was acting up today?
And you can hear our lovebird tweeting in the background? I guess.

Not at all what I thought you'd sound like! You have such a sweet young voice.
Great vid, I felt that much closer to your jungle!

Lolz. What did you think I sounded like?

:lol: I dunno..

i think those baby birds would be excellent nepenthes food

Back