What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

large quantities of perlite

uphwiz

jimmy
who knows where i can get more than a gallon bag of perlite, ???
just seems so expensive to buy a gallon at a time.:blush:
id like to have a bail the size that my peat comes in say 1 to 2 cubic feet, i have found a couple orchid suppliers that sell fairly large bags, but its always too large, almost pea size, it floats to the top of the pot.

a seed webshop sells 100liter bales for €15 over here, maybe there is something similar over there ?

Don't you have any large commercial garden center greenhouses like Linder's or Wagner's? These places usually have gigantic pillow sized bags of perlite 2-3 cu feet for like $9. Their plants are usually boring but sometimes they have good supplies.

I find them all the time at certain shops that like to specialized in the illegal grow trade. I get hydro nutes for peppers and tomatoes and see massive bags of perlite for real cheap, usually 9-11 bucks.

I got a brown bag of perlite that was nearly as big as I was for like 15 bucks. It's definitely cost efficient- I got it at a family-owned garden/landscaping store.
I think the grade is a little bigger than you want, but I don't know...why can't you just crush it up some?

Translation

Indeed,
any hydroponics store or landscape supply company will have what you need, however the larger bales tend to carry the larger particle perlite.

I got a brown bag of perlite that was nearly as big as I was for like 15 bucks. It's definitely cost efficient- I got it at a family-owned garden/landscaping store.
I think the grade is a little bigger than you want, but I don't know...why can't you just crush it up some?

I've seen these bags at Home Depot too! You'll have to look carefully though as they are often placed in corners and are not conspicuous.

Back