What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looks like i will be joining Clint......

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
found out Friday that i will be having back surgery on the 17th....the bulge between L5-S1 has doubled in size from when i first hurt it a year ago.....they have to drill away some bone to get to it and ill be away from work for atleast 2 weeks and restricted duty for 4 to 6 months.....and i am pissed.....have a speed goat tag in an area i love to hunt that i usually only get every 3 years....if im REALLY lucky i can hunt the last week of the season but its unlikely....least i have 2 weekends of grouse hunting before surgery.....

anyways they drill the bone, move a nerve out of the way, trim off the bulge and take out some of the inside of the disk to help prevent it herniating before the hole scars over.....working on weaning myself off the pain meds im taking now so they work better for me post op without having to resort to comatose dosages.....

Dang, sorry to hear that, you'll make number 3 since the end of July that i know of. good luck

Omg, must be going around. Good luck dude.

the joys of working for yourself....had to bump the surgery to the 24 in order to make things mesh at work........

hope you get have a speedy recovery rattler.

Well, I hope it fixes things for yah man. After that recovery time, it'll be about time to do a few things to that jeep and it go get it stuck :D
Good luck bro.
Andrew

problem is the recovery time is gonna eat into the time i was gonna use to work on the jeep....."no unnecessary twisting or bending for 4 months"........how in the hell are you supposed to work on a 30 year old vehicle without bending or twisting?

...you have kids. Isn't that what we make them for? :D

yeah but mine are teenagers.......may require the use of the collar i use to remind my bird dog he needs to do as told but then child and family services will want to get involved and it just aint worth the headache.....

Back