What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super storage

uphwiz

jimmy
Im pretty proud of this storage cabinet, I saw it in a magazine and was intrigued at the possibilities.
It was very ambitious project for me , but I took all the time I needed and it turned out great, I don't even have enough tools to fill the last two inside doors.
All the doors have double peg board with a space between so its easy to use both sides of the doors, and the space between the front and inside doors is some what deep even when the doors are closed , its possible to keep my drill in between them if I could figure out to hang it on the peg board:blush:
It has quite a good design , it incorporates a full 4'x 8' sheet of peg board, so basically you get all the storage of the peg board in a very small area , the individual small bins in the last pic were easy but very time consuming . All in all , the outcome is very rewarding.:-D
I have the project plans if anyone is interested.:-D
There are a few other nice ideas on extreme storage in the magazine I may try later.

plans? i dont want no stinking plans.....how much for you to build another and ship it to Montana? :D

Other than the pegboard, what sort of materials are needed for this? There is some extra 3/4" hardwood plywood lying about and I know someone whose shed needs some help badly, this could make for a nice surprise for him. How much space is needed to open it up?

Rattler and RL7836 , no way no how I wouldn't do it again for me LOL:oops: there were times when i thought I would never finish.
attaching parts list in a min

Iron Tom.
Here is the parts list. it opens to 61" at the widest , and is 32 tall i think

Only one full sheet of plywood for all that storage! Amazing!

I would be interested in a copy of those plans... You mentioned a magazine, is it something I could find on the racks in one of the big bookstores perhaps?

possibly but i can get them together and send them , there is one other interested so ill get started, right now , have them to you n a few min. save them ill have to delete them from my photo space in a week or so, its pretty full, and I like posting pics. so they will be gone .
can you print them out?
if not ill send them to you .
i can photo copy them , and mail them

I currently don't have a printer, but am quite used to running back and forth looking at the comp while building stuff anyway :-D

Good excuse to get in out of the heat for a little bit.

That's Super!

I should dig my table saw out of storage and do something like this someday.

Any estimate of what the entire project cost? I know the wood's not too bad but those piano hinges, etc. can add up.

yup i think the hinges were the most expensive part , just guessing , total 80.00 110.00 didnt keep up with it , i was a little sticker shocked when i went to get the hinges, and also think i used the shorter on both sets of doors ,would have ended up cutting most of the longer ones away any way and it didn't matter if they weren't perfectly fitted to the top and bottom, or some thing to that nature on the hinges , so i saved a little on them.

Super nice work! If only I had somewhere to hang it hahah!!!

:offtopic:
I looked into the space thing and found that apparently you are relying on the forum to downsize your attachments. This has resulted in some pretty big files since the limit was .5mb. I have changed it so it's closer to .105mb and should yield you approx 1800 attachments. Unfortunately though, there is no way for me to edit your current uploads. so you can either go back and delete the old ones as you used to, OR you can go to this page http://www.terraforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editattachments&pp=20&page=1&showthumbs=1 and anything that is over 107kb would benifit from being deleted and reattached. From the link above click on the thread name, go to the post and click edit. then go advanced then scroll down to manage attachments and you can delete them from there, then reupload them and that will put them back on the forum with the new smaller size. I know you have 222 files right now and that will take a while- but it's the best I can do.
Andrew

adnedarn, thanks was wondering if it was possible to clean up some of my older files .
it will be a great help, some of them are just out of date and not of any interest to any one after a short while.
Ill clean up a few , over the next week and keep it down , some LOL
thanks again for watching out for me, and the great forum.:-D

Once you delete what you don't need anymore, and update the ones you want to keep around (delete/reupload as above).. I'm pretty sure the new limits will keep you in good graces for quite a while :) Now.. about this '73 Bronco rear seat I need rebuilt... You're gonna bring everything you need down to Tucson to take care of that right? haha Okay- I'm done taking your topic off topic. :D

I'd love to visit Tucson some day , ive not traveled to any destinations west of Kentucky , so I'm pretty much an all east coast man.:blush:
I might not like the heat though, LOL anything above 70 is too hot for me,I like the 40's and 50's, need a place in Canada for the summer months , even here in Virginia it gets much too hot, I need a highland terrarium for me too LOL

Back