What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Stewart McPherson Books

I just picked up my copies of 'Carnivorous Plants and their Habitats Vol. 1 & Vol. 2' a couple of days ago.

Once again I am very impressed with the 1442 pages of carnivorous plant genera spread out over the two tomes in this latest offering.

Of interest to me was the 34 pages each of text, photos, line drawings and cultivation requirements for both Roridula and Aldrovandra, 40 pages on Drosophyllum and 74 pages for Pinguicula.

There was even a dozen or so pages dealing with Philcoxia, now regarded as a potential new addition to the plant carnivory families.

dvg

How many nep species are in there ?

Wow, already out of print on amazon, crazy!

Taliesin-DS, the book lists 129 total recognized Nepenthes species, as well as 3 undiagnosed taxa.

Larry, if you are interested in ordering the books, check out Redfern's site.

http://www.redfernnaturalhistory.com/

I bought mine directly from the publisher.

dvg

With lists you mean theres information about all of them in there?

With lists you mean theres information about all of them in there?

Though there are 138 pages devoted to Nepenthes, including 14 of those pages on the cultivation requirements of this species, he only has information on the new species discovered after his Opus Magnus 'Pitcher Plants of the Old World volumes 1 & 2' was released last year.

For a deeper understanding of the Nepenthes species, I would highly recommend the latter set of books devoted mostly to Nepenthes, but which also includes a section on Cephalotus.

dvg

Tnx, i was allrdy considering getting those 2.

Back