What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest order I got in (pics)

thez_yo

instigator
Well, seems like Andreas W is the talk of the town right about shipping time, so time to show off what I got today!

(pics on bagging, acclimating, etc. to come later because it's dark outside already so pics wouldn't be good...)

H.sp Akopan
P9130030.jpg

N.villosa (omg you can't even see it hiding in there!!)
P9130031.jpg

N.clipeata (clone 3)
P9130032.jpg

N.jacquelinae (unlabeled clone..)
P9130033.jpg

H. sp. Angasima
P9130034.jpg

H.neblinae v. parva
P9130035.jpg

H.huberi
P9130036.jpg

N.peltata
P9130037.jpg

N.hamiguitanensis
P9130038.jpg

H.pulchella apacapa
P9130039.jpg

H.ciliata
P9130040.jpg

Now....then I spent 2 hours potting, all went into lfs: perlite, and got promptly bagged before the photo shoot!

N.clipeata
P9130041.jpg

N.jacq (he sent multiples OMG YAY thanks AW!)
P9130042-1.jpg

H.sp. Akopan (this was a resend for a DOA multiples too OMG :boogie:)
P9130043.jpg

N.villosa
P9130044.jpg

N.hamiguitanensis
P9130045.jpg

N.peltata
P9130046.jpg

H.huberi
P9130047.jpg

H.sp Angasima (a little toasty...roots looked good so we'll see...)
P9130048.jpg

H.pulchella (looked to have a couple shoots :-D didn't separate though...and one lonesome pitcher fell out that's in the back in live sphag now which will hopefully help it root)
P9130049.jpg

H.neblinae v. parva
P9130050.jpg

...with closeup of the underground "stem" - it's green so maybe it was above the ground in AW's setup? It's also got what looks to be like little...root starts or leaf starts or something. Bumps on it...
P9130051.jpg

H.ciliata
P9130052.jpg

Last edited:
did you sell a kidney ,
wowee nice new collection , where you putin the villosa?

dang girl you got some nice plants!
PELLLAAAAHHHHHHTAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
oh--and that villosa? yeah---that's more like it. that first one you got was too generous...

did you sell a kidney
wowee nice new collection , where you putin the villosa?

I'd rather buy nice plants than feed myself well or wear nice clothes...I'll put the investment in this year to get small plants of what I want and be skirting broke so that I can have them grown out more in the long run. This shipment was sure tough on the wallet for a few months...
...and indeed, I love them all. N.villosa's going outside with the rest. Bagged though..

dang girl you got some nice plants!
PELLLAAAAHHHHHHTAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
oh--and that villosa? yeah---that's more like it. that first one you got was too generous...

THANKS!!
The leaves definitely look and feel different than I was expecting on peltata and hami, but I guess that's because they aren't hard-as-nails from my conditions yet :-))

Hehe ...I'll get the villosa up to size soon enough though ;)

got a pic of the other villosa , and will you be able to keep it out year round, does it ever freeze there.
what did amphirion mean too generous, they do send clumps some times if the plants are small and tangled, cause they would kill them to separate them , would love to get a clump of villosa:0o:

This is my other villosa (from BE), in the same size pot, and hardened.
(click for bigger)

mine ,mine ,mine,mine,mine,mine,mine,mine,minemineminemineminemineminemine?

You were not kidding when you said you had an ordering coming in. Wow! Very nice collection of plants that you just received! :D I wish you the best of luck with them all!! I'd add a little extra Trich to those that look a little rough around the edges. A couple of those I've never even heard of. Have I fallen out of the loop or what? :)

You were not kidding when you said you had an ordering coming in. Wow! Very nice collection of plants that you just received! :D I wish you the best of luck with them all!! I'd add a little extra Trich to those that look a little rough around the edges. A couple of those I've never even heard of. Have I fallen out of the loop or what? :)

Yeah :lol: for reals, haha. Thanks :)

I'm putting live sphag on some stragglers right now before hitting the hay..thanks for reminding me to trich :-D

And on the ones you've never heard of: a lot of these just got named is probably why, they probably just had location names the last time you saw them..

Awesome plants!!!
Im so jealous right now :p

a2970114-48-drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmm Parva

OMG lots of Helis :0o:

:drool::drool::drool:

OMG lots of Helis :0o:

:drool::drool::drool:

I know, Right? I totally went overboard with this last order but oh well, what's done is done. I really hope I don't kill any...it's gonna be a long couple months acclimating...

:0o:

Good heavens!

I think your bank is broken....I think MINE felt the shock!

Holy Heli's, Batman!

That Vilosa is so cute!

:0o:

Good heavens!

I think your bank is broken....I think MINE felt the shock!

Holy Heli's, Batman!

That Vilosa is so cute!

Yeah um...my credit card is currently hiding somewhere. I'm going to have to try to find something to lure it out with. My wallet's quaking too :-))

They all still had firm pitchers and weren't wilty looking (neps nor helis) this morning so I have high hopes for acclimating everything over the next couple months. Of course, they're all in almost completely sealed-off plastic, and they all had good looking roots so they have a good start on things. The villosa is soooo cute and soooooooo tiny! It looks like it's at the stage where the next couple leaves will be a jump in size though judging by neps I've gotten or seen that were that small. I'm very happy :awesome:

Looks good! I had great success with aclimating my Wistuba plants. Out of 3 or 4 villosa (pretty much the same size). Only one has survived (amp you lucky bumb). I left the bags on for about a month and then start slowly removing them ( you can cut holes in the bag too, progressively making them larger). Anyway good luck and keep us posted!

Looks good! I had great success with aclimating my Wistuba plants. Out of 3 or 4 villosa (pretty much the same size). Only one has survived (amp you lucky bumb). I left the bags on for about a month and then start slowly removing them ( you can cut holes in the bag too, progressively making them larger). Anyway good luck and keep us posted!

Mmmhmm. I usually go a little faster than that but for sure I'm slowing down for that wee little villosa! I'm going to get pics tonight of them bagged and stuff and maybe try to keep up with this thread a couple times a week with pics..

Holy cow :0o: Since when did H. neblinae var. parva or N. hamiguitanensis even exist xD

You reeled in the jackpot there, Z! :drool: :hail:

Back