Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need A little help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are interested in a hodge-podge of temperates, I could send you what I can collect. I have a bunch that are just "weeds" with my Sarracenia. I don't know what kinds, intermedia, rotundifolia and filiformis for sure. THere may be another species or two in there too. Also, some capensis. I usually just let them self-sow, but I'd be more than happy to collect what I can and send 'em your way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sarracenia,
    I am very interested in the temperates as I can overwinter them easily!

Jimscott
    I never thought I would need D.capensis seed, but I was wrong, LOL

NAN,
    I know I'm on your buddy list, no hurry or worries and brother can I relate to the health care depression!!! You hang in there and get feeling better, worry about seeds when you have the energy! I am very charged up with this project, but for the last 5 years it's been all I could do to just function. Thanks for wanting to help make this happen!

Crissy,
    I'm after most everything other than U. sandersonii which survived my neglect. I'd even like dear old subby! Remember to include your growlist so I can help make it longer!

With my new contacts in SAF and Oz I should be able to introduce many new varities here in the States. I can't grow them, but I can get them! The rest will be up to you
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So do you want byblis? I can get some other seeds too I'm sure. I'll look and see what I have when I get home.
    Grow List: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=116427
    Member of BACPS & ICPS

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin, no need for anything in return. I got these for free anyways... plus I'm sliming down my collection to just my absolute favorites to concentrate on another facet of my life.
    I'll send out the seeds as soon as I can, but it does take me awhile usually. Especially with all the preparations for the NECPS Show!

Crissytal, thanks for the tip! I probably shoulda put them in the fridge then, I had them out to remind me to plant them and kept saying "I'm too busy, next week" but they are in a somewhat cool spot...
    I guess Tamlin can let us all know if they work out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frilleon,
    For sure I want the Byblis, thank you very much. I might even try growing this Genus again next season, since I had so little success back in the day. Many thanks!

quogue
    I just signed up with the NECPS, waiting to hear back from them and will probably beg there too, lol. Also looking to the foreign CP societies.....this is gonna be a lot of fun for me. I do believe I can start an avalanche of plants once I get a few pebbles to throw. Giid luck with your show, I'd love to be there and can't so please bring your camera and drop my jaw open!
    "Grow More, Share More"

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tamlin,

I think I can help you out a little bit. I probably won't be able to get anything out until next week or possibly the week after. I'm coming down with a cold.

My growlist should work now. I've been meaning to fix it. Thanks for the reminder! I only partially updated it just now from memory. It's pretty good in the Utricularia and the Drosera section:
    http://www.crystalscarnivores.com/growlist

Crystal

EDIT: No problem quogue. I overlooked your reply. They still may be viable. I have byblis seed germinating that were seed that were left out in the elements all winter long. Last winter was a bad one too. I certainly wouldn't throw them out .
    Last edited by Crissytal; 09-16-2010 at 06:33 PM.
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I had something to offer you! I have only rotundifolia and it sounds like you're getting some already. Good luck on getting your collection going again and I hope you feel better!
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have filiformis ssp. filiformis and d. intermedia.

I may be able to scrounge some natalensis up as well. I let the seed pods distribute seed freely into the surrounding dew pots, but I bet there are still some in there.

I may also be able to send you some pods of U.subulata. I have no idea if there are seeds in there. I only found out I had them when I posted a pic of a dew and a forum member spotted it. The seed pods are very tiny.

I know they are common, but they are yours if you want them.

EDIT:
    Love you guys! No need to ask, I want anything since I have nothing. I will find homes for any donations! Just send and remember to include name, mailing address, email addy and wants/growlists and Santa Tam will do the rest asap! You guys are awesome!
    Dang! Didn't read that part. On it's way then...
    Last edited by dashman; 09-16-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast