Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need A little help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks much Dashman! No seeds will go to waste, I'll place everything in good places.

Phase 2 for me will be to contact as many CP societies as possible with my appeal, especially the foreign societies. If anyone is a member of such here in the U.S. and could pass along my request to your seed bank managers I would be very appreciative. I only have 2 months to get this off the ground before the cold season makes it impossible to mail out seeds, and the SAF growing season is now so I got to hop!

I remember Barry Rice said once that the best way to store seed was to send it out to as many growers as possible. If anyone has unwanted seed, or seed that is getting old, this is a chance for it to become very useful. Please don't let it go to waste, and it doesn't matter if you are uncertain of the ID.

Thanks again for your fine responses! You know, most of the folk getting behind this never got squat from me, only having joined the forum after my hey days. I find this generosity most gratifying.

For those who don't know me, I can promise there will be NO commercial profit from donations, no ebaying or resale of any kind, and I will be happy to put your name on my sendings so you get the credit you deserve in our community.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could send you some cuttings of a South American or two along with the seeds. Would that work?
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin,

I have typical filliformis, and (I think) some binata - have to check on the binata.

I also have some U. nelumbifolia that I received from RL7836, which is growing very well. I can send you a plug.

I will endevour to get this out this weekend.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NAN you tempt me......but no, not yet. I can maintain Utricularia over the winter but that's about my limit right now. Hopefully I can grow outside next season at least untiil summers end.
    Tjamks for the offer though, I sure miss my Drosera!

Dave,
    Thanks much, this will do well for me, but no hurry bro, I know you're getting ready for the show!!!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I will be sending seeds of these this coming week:

Byblis liniflora
    D. capensis
    D. capensis 'albo'
    D. binata
    D. filiformis 'Florida giant'
    D. multifida

just got to get the padded envelope. Good luck and I am happy to pay it forward!
    Grow List: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=116427
    Member of BACPS & ICPS

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin,
    It's great to see you back at it! I hope you are feeling better these days and are able to continue growing. Alas, I have only nepenthes these days, though I could scare up some drosophylum seed from my constantly-flowering deck resident if you were interested.

I would happily give you the jacket off my back, so I'll keep on the lookout for seed. Mostly I'm just happy to hear from you.

Max
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin,

i can send along D. nidifomirs, D. natalensis, assorted capillaris, perhaps an intermedia or two. Assorted populations of D. spatulata, sessilifolia, perhaps a burmanii........

check my grow list for utrics as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capslock,

Great seeing you bro! As to the seed all I can say are "YES" and "THANKS" Hmmm, what size shirt?

kulamauiman,

Aloha my friend! Why bless your heart! Yes to everything, just be sure to email me with who what where when so I can thank you more substantially in the future. Utricularia sandersonii I have a plenty everything else I am interested in.

Thanks again everyone for the kindness. I think a highly respected toxonomist I am not to mention by name is going to send me seeds! Things are shaping up nicely thanks to all your generosity and I am really looking forward to offering what I can ASAP!

I just saw an amazing SAF Drosera I hope to get seed of, a hybrid no less!! Cross your fingers that it has fertile seed! Looks sort of like D. burmannii superficially with wedge shaped lamina. If I can get it, I will publish it at cultivar level at some point. It's awesome and the likes of which I have never seen!!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast