User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does everyone here do for fun/hobbies outside of CP's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does everyone here do for fun/hobbies outside of CP's?

Thought it'd be interesting to find out how everyone spends their time

As for myself, I spend most of my time working 40 hrs a week. But when I'm not at work and tending to my plants I'll either be watching a movie, spending time outdoors (hiking/fishing ect), or playing XBox Live lol.

On that note if anyone ever wants to play Reach or Call of Duty, hit me up. Gamer Tag is Squeaky Peat.

Of course that all changes once winter hits and I'll usually spend my free time snowboarding. And if I manage to get off at 5:00, I'll usually head up to the mountain and do some night skiing until 10:00.

So what about you guys? CP's can't take up all of our time

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does orchid raising count as hobbies other than cps? Seriously, outside of working 40 plus hours a week and tending to the plants; cps, orchids, herbs and veggies I love photography, birding and I'm a die hard renny/pirate. We usually start the pirate invasion/ renn faire rounds in April and don't end until November. I also make jewelry and read a lot. I used to do a lot of horse shows/trail rides and work my dog in agility but physically i can't do that anymore..thus more plants.
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there is so much more to me then CP's! I too do the 40 hour slave labor . Next to caring for all my plants (CP's and others) I have 5 reptiles to care for. I love to camp, fish, hunt, target practice, just about anything outdoors (went whale watching over the weekend). I just started getting into paintball too! SOOOOOOOO much fun!

Other then that I love video games too. I have the PS3. If you have a PS3 you can friend me at my tag (Frilleon).
    Grow List: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=116427
    Member of BACPS & ICPS

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that sounds like a pretty cool time you have

My CPs are by far, my biggest time expense.
    I'm a student for pre-dental hygiene, so alot of my time is spent in school or studying/doing homework.
    And I have my precious ball python, Sheba. I like spending my spare time with her.
    I also have a small fishtank that I like admiring.
    I'm a big Nintendo girl (Mario and Pokemon mostly)
    I do various things like Yoga and Belly-Dancing.
    I write or I draw when I'm in the mood.
    I'm also very passionate about conserving the environment and animal rights. And no, I'm not a PETA wingnut. Although subtly spreading my message takes up a great deal of my time as well.

But otherwise I appreciate a calm evening at home by myself instead of actually going out and doing stuff and socializing.
    Though I do love the occasional outing with my friends
    Last edited by lizasaur; 09-27-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work. Work. Work. I work about 40-45 hours during the business day but am on call every other week. Sucks getting called at 3AM on Saturday morning. This goes up during month end, quarter end, and year end!

Aside from that, I am a non-profit chauffer for 3 children. I would charge them, but I would only be charging myself. They repay me with hugs and kisses so it's all good. Also am an amateur sports videographer. I use the term amateur loosely because I suck!

Also a math, science, social studies, and english tutor. I better brush up on my calculus because my daughter is smart. Don't think I'll have to worry about the oldest one, but I love him just the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hunting, fishing, camping, hiking.......growing fruit and flowers outside.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Writing my thesis...I guess that's my biggest hobby!

I've been playing ultimate frisbee for over 7 years now. I've been fairly active my whole life, but never truly LOVED a sport as much as I love ultimate. If I ever had to choose between CPs and ultimate...I don't know what I'd do!

I'm also a knitter, taught by my grandmother when I was about 6. I started knitting a LOT as an undergrad, just as a stress relief and creative outlet. Recently a friend taught me to spin yarn using a drop spindle...I think it's kinda cool that I can make clothes from scratch!

I dabble in lots of other little hobbies too, but those are the big ones...
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like building small analog circuits, so if any of you are good at it, or know any resources you've found helpful, please PM me!

Right now I'm stuck on transistors. Not quite sure how exactly to use them...but realize that they are essential.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast