Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scary Tales from the right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scary Tales from the right

I am not quite sure what to think of this. While on one had I agree with many of his observations and facts. On the other hand, I am not sure about the conclusions that he draws. Perhaps because I am more of an optimist.

Worth a read, but I warn you it is very long. Please don't take my posting this link as a wholehearted endorcement of it's contents. I did find it to have a unique perspective of current events. As with all commentaries, whether they be print, television, or internet. I urge you to draw your own conclusions as well as check facts. Basically seek and verify the truth. Don't rely on Mr. Media man to tell it to you.

http://ampedstatus.com/the-road-to-w...d-left-to-play

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I don't even know what to think of that website. It's almost as far left as it is far right....

Some of the news covered in it certainly is pressing and barely covered in mainstream news, but at the same time, I really don't think it's ok for them to be pressing idea of Revolution or WW3 like that.... That is really scary when people can't think of an alternative other than those two things, which are essentially one in the same.

It's spreading fear just like mainstream news is, but even more potently. We really need to focus on widescale violence NOT being the method that we recover from this state of affairs.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont get why yah labled it scary tales from the right......if you know anything at all about how we got into this mess both the right and the left share the blame equally......first thing that pops into my head when someone screams the Democrats are all at fault, or that the Republicans are all at fault i know they actually have not spent any time reading on the actual issues and are just regurgitating party line BS......neither side is to blaim wholly and neither hold the answer to it.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, it seemed a little more left than right from my casual skim. But if you go far enough in either direction, you end up in the same spot.
    There are some kernels of truth to it, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    first thing that pops into my head when someone screams the Democrats are all at fault, or that the Republicans are all at fault i know they actually have not spent any time reading on the actual issues and are just regurgitating party line BS....
    Definitely, rattler... I think ultimately we've all got to acknowledge that we all share at least a little blame for our complacency with this system. But I'm just critical that way.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't read everything,
    but what is the point of destroying an economy,
    instead of keeping it alive and using it to continue to maintain ones feeding off of it?
    Like a dairy cow, you can get a lifetime of milk from it for you and your family,
    or kill it and get a few good steak dinners for a very short time!
    Seems to me the various economies are something they would want to keep alive and thriving,
    as it gives them continuous control.

Also, money is only worth something if people think that it is. Even gold is useless in and of itself, except for certain electronic uses... otherwise it is just decoration. Food, clothing, a house, heat, water, etc. these are things with actual value, as we need them.
    If indeed only these people in this group are the ones with money, then the money will lose its value, as the masses won't have it and never will have hope to. That is when people rebel, when they have no hope with the way things are. They then have nothing to lose.

Governments and civilizations have risen and fallen for about as long as man has been here on earth. This sort of thing has happened before. History only documents a small portion of this sort of thing. It is nothing new. In fact, it seems to be the life-cycle of many past civilizations. Power hungry groups, families and individuals infiltrate nearly every organization of people. It can even happen to some of the CP groups we are familiar with.

Regarding your post, I have read about this sort of thing before (back when in my early 20's and before) which was a long time ago (to me), and while I am not one to take things at face value, I don't know that much else has changed from back then. Interesting and thought provoking, as a part of it is indeed possible (if not likely). But...!

But like back then, as for myself, I don't know what I can do about it anyway. With my current situation (which isn't good and I won't go into here on TF) I don't have a lot of choices and don't know what this information is supposed to make me want to do, whether it is true or not.
    Any recommendations? Having read this, what are you doing different?
    What can anyone do about these things? Especially those of us who are in a "bad place" to begin with. I am not sure what the motivation is for sharing this... as I said, this info/viewpoint has been around a very long time.

Back in the 60/70's & 80's many were moving into self sufficiency for lack of trust in the system and wanting to unhook ourselves from the "grid".I know, I had a place in the wilds/country/middle of nowhere. Learned how to be self sufficient and all that. However surviving that way is a hard life, and so being hooked to the grid and a part of the system became a part of life again. At this point, I am not as young as I used to be, and not so afraid either.
    I have learned that life is short. I no longer take it as seriously as I used to.

Well, back to my plants for now.

(Sorry if my reply is a little disjointed, but I am not doing well today (physically/mentally) and an not thinking straight at the moment. Lack of sleep a part of it also.)
    Experience is the best teacher. At least it used to be.
    But then, common sense isn't so common anymore, is it.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113866

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrowinOld View Post
    Back in the 60/70's & 80's many were moving into self sufficiency for lack of trust in the system and wanting to unhook ourselves from the "grid".I know, I had a place in the wilds/country/middle of nowhere. Learned how to be self sufficient and all that. However surviving that way is a hard life, and so being hooked to the grid and a part of the system became a part of life again. At this point, I am not as young as I used to be, and not so afraid either.
    I have learned that life is short. I no longer take it as seriously as I used to.
    i know it and could prolly do it better than most.....also know why the trappers that opened up the west died in their 30's.......self sufficiency is great in theory but in the real world it is a ton of work and will wear out your body fast.....

you make an excellent point, give up what we have for what? no other country on earth i would be happier in even with our problems and with the current trend alot our government is taking......
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    dont get why yah labled it scary tales from the right......if you know anything at all about how we got into this mess both the right and the left share the blame equally......first thing that pops into my head when someone screams the Democrats are all at fault, or that the Republicans are all at fault i know they actually have not spent any time reading on the actual issues and are just regurgitating party line BS......neither side is to blaim wholly and neither hold the answer to it.....
    You are right. I should have picked a better title. If the story is correct, at least the portion when it comes to left and right, they really do not exist. Just a construct to get people to align and belong. Both sides move in unison when it comes to economy and deficit spending. They like to spend it on the different things, but the act of spending causes the same result.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

but what is the point of destroying an economy,
    Wealth transfer. There is always a winner and a loser to any market or currency fluctuation depending on where you place your bets. I have dabbled in currency exchange (FOREX) and know this to be a fact. You can also bet against stocks I believe. I have never done this. When markets are maniuplated as suggested, winner is always those in the know. Then there is the whole fiat money system we currently use, but that is another topic.

There was an interesting video I saw sometime ago showing that someone placed a large bet against Behr Sterns stock a few days before it bottomed out. I don't think SEC has ever released who made that bet. I think it was somewhere in the ten or maybe even hundreds of billions, I don't recall. There was no investigation to my knowledge of this, nor any mainstream media coverage. Interesting.

Any recommendations? Having read this, what are you doing different?
    Vote! And arm yourself with knowledge. Always ask why? And then found out why for yourself. Trace it back in history if needed and form your own picture of how past decisions will affect present and future.

I myself have become disillusioned with mainstream media. There is very little news in them to begin with. It is mostly commentary to help us form our opinions. Not being one who takes a teleprompters word at face value, I try to form my own opinions. More so now than even a few years ago. I think we got ourselve in this mess because we trusted people to act with our best interests at heart. I think if politicians were truly doing this, it wouldn't matter if the "left" or "right" was in power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are right. I should have picked a better title. If the story is correct, at least the portion when it comes to left and right, they really do not exist. Just a construct to get people to align and belong. Both sides move in unison when it comes to economy and deficit spending. They like to spend it on the different things, but the act of spending causes the same result.
    the housing bust lies largely on the heads of the democrat leaders but going back to Clintons first term......if you look what lead up to that its one of the few places where the repubs were screaming we need to look at this closer and the demos had almost all the control over it....the repubs are at fault in not pushing through the stricter controls when they had the majority control...instead they put a few repubs on the board who immediately started lining their pockets and saying everything was fine.......also one of the few places where i agreed with McCain as he was saying this process needed to be looked at back in 2001 i believe.....

most the horrible deficit spending is traced back to FDR.....who happens to be a democrat but quite frankly Bush was looking to do the same stupid thing that FDR tried with his New Deal....it didnt work in the 30's for FDR and it sure in the heck was not gonna work now for Bush and Obama.....the bailout is stupid if you understand anything about economics, its akin of standing in a 5 gallon bucket and trying to pick yourself up by lifting on the handle......aint gonna happen, dont care if a demo or a repub is in charge of the program.....the fact that those in charge do not understand this is scary cause its basic economics....WWII and the ALLies buying hard goods and technology from the US for the years before we entered in December of 41 is what kicked us out of the Depression, not the New Deal.....
    cervid serial killer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast