Today at work one of my subordinates came to me and told me that a VFD, Variable-Frequency Drive, we were to install into a unit was broke before it was even unpacked out of the original box.
I took a look at it, and the box was in perfect condition, but sure enough the VFD inside had a broken cover.
I went to purchasing and told them of the situation. They typed in the part number of the VFD and looked at me and said they were not sure what to do. It was a customer supplied part.
So I went to the operation manager. He made a few calls and told me to get some numbers off the VFD and email them to him.
As I read over my email before hitting the send button, I laughed. I noticed in my message that I typed VFT instead of VFD...... Must have my plants on my mind.