Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Show your Houseplants! DUW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should get some pics, but my pride and joy is looking amazingly...... ratty. Calathea ornata ALWAYS has something to be fussy about.
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice living stones! I bought one of those in Germany once, and of course promptly killed it because I was ten.

What a great idea for a thread, and sweet plants. I'll have to take some pictures tomorrow.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's all my plants (yes that's the pot from my cacao I killed behind the alocasia...I'm still in denial )

tamarind on left, sapote on right (both from seed of tasty fruit I ate):

kalanchoe on left, noid on right (both from Home Depot):

tilly mobile (all from Home Depot 'cept for one which has the same originating nursery anyway):

bromeliads and a fern (Home Depot and Lil Stinkpot/Peter's nursery for the fern):

and empty pot on left and alocasia on right (Logee's and Home Depot on the alocasia):

---I was so sad I just ordered a replacement cacao from a different store...hopefully this one survives :O---
    Last edited by thez_yo; 10-03-2010 at 08:10 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "...noid on the right..."

Crassula arborescens.
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow clue...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took a few pics, it's not everything of course but here's a buncha assorted stuff...

Large Myrmercodia echinata & a bunch of baby mantis terrariums (nothing carnivorous in them except the insects)

My first crop of Myrmercodia echinata babies is coming along strong. have two more pots sowed just like this starting to germinate!

Now for a couple of my fave alien plants, Pseudolithos migiurtinus

Pseudolithos cubiformis

A big fiddle leaf ficus and one of my numerous Ficus benjamina and the ubiquitous pot of oat grass for the cats to graze thus ensure houseplant safety!

An Ivy that did not grow as fast and furious as I would have liked. I was hoping I'd have many feet of it by now to feed my insects overwinter but only a few meals can be made from this.

Here's one of my Sterlite terrariums/storage bins this one is mostly ferns. club mosses and similar

Here's one of my fave ferns, Lecanopteris mirabillis (an ant fern) but it's no mini, it can get fronds over a foot tall but it makes these awesome flat plate sections that the fronds grow out from, looks awesome when it's a huge hunk of green armor and a few fronds coming out. I'm waiting to get the "perfect" terrarium setup so this guy can be one of my centerpieces.

This bin is stuffed with assorted terrarium plants, begonias, gesneriads, aroids, peperomias, etc...

New:
    Ressurection fern (Polypodioides sp.) growing on wild bark leaves apx 4" tall.

New: some assorted terrarium plants from the garden center including a new Ivy

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Nice Thez_yo, I've eaten Sapote before, they're nice. And thats a very nice Alocasia Leaf!

Swords, what a nice non-walmart selection of plants, I really Like your Fiddles leaf Ficus (Ficus Lyrata actually). In those new terrarium plants you have a cissus rhombifolia, which I have but its huge now. Lots of interesting rare looking ones, whats that one with the 'bulb' at the base in picture 9?
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks carnivoure12 :-)

Wow...heh, I used to have that many plants before I had to start again and I decided to just go with mainly neps. Fond memories of variegated rubber trees, spider plants, ivy, aloe plants, purple passion plant, a couple other purple things I can't remember the names of (vines), pothos, grapefruit trees from seed, cryptathus, peace lillies, crotons (omg bell crotons look like nepenthes!! link to a pic: http://www.kraftgardens.com/products...den%20Bell.jpg ...unfortunately they attract mites like nobody's business..), dragon trees and a whole pile of noid cacti...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast