What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crystal Head Vodka = Dan Akroyd goes crazy

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
What has our chubby Ghostbuster been doing since 1984?

I found Dan Akroyds current endeavor:

http://www.crystalheadvodka.com/index.php?age=true#

There's a very long video of him discussing his beliefs in aliens the occult and the legendary crystal skulls, Now Akroyd is selling an imported Vodka in crystal skulls! I don't drink but I want one! :D

I saw one in the liquor store about a week ago. Friggin' thing is $150!!

Yes, the bottle is absolutely amazing! The vodka is smooth, but eh, still tastes like vodka. I bought mine for $45.
4087979123_901a52a018_o.jpg

4087977859_d981009f9d_o.jpg

4088738166_7119532a66_o.jpg

i just want the bottle
Me too, just the bottle, the liquor can go down the drain or towards making some an herbal extract or something but the bottle is great!

Thanks for the pics Larry! Is there a molding seam on the bottle? I can't find one in the pics.

You can buy empty bottles on ebay.

Yes, there is a seam, straight down the middle of the skull, you can kinda see it on the last photo, the seam isn't too noticeable. Best looking bottle evar!

Dan Akroyd's big FAIL. My restaurant started stocking this when it first came out and most places can't give it away. Liquor reps were offering us specials (buy 4 get one free)... We ran specials (empty the bottle and you get the bottle) and nothing seems to move this high priced low quality vodka. The bottle is cool and most reps drop off a lighted base that you place the bottle on and that looks pretty cool.
If you're out on the town you're best to stick with Goose or Ketel.
The bottle is awesome however and since no customers were ordering it... We just couldn't let it go to waste.

Wow, I'm afraid to open the link... this is the kind of tangental thing that could consume an entire morning. Awesome.
~Joe

PS - OMG I clicked it... this is surreal. Also, from the website: "You must be of legal drinking age in your place of residence to enter this site." The links below: "I am - let's go." and "I'm not - but I'll be back." ROFL.

Last edited:
Dan Akroyd's big FAIL. My restaurant started stocking this when it first came out and most places can't give it away. Liquor reps were offering us specials (buy 4 get one free)... We ran specials (empty the bottle and you get the bottle) and nothing seems to move this high priced low quality vodka. The bottle is cool and most reps drop off a lighted base that you place the bottle on and that looks pretty cool.
If you're out on the town you're best to stick with Goose or Ketel.
The bottle is awesome however and since no customers were ordering it... We just couldn't let it go to waste.

im a bit of a vodka freak, prefer it to bot any other spirit.....used to be a Goose hound but any more i buy Ketel......for what lil i drink anymore it doesnt bug me to spend a $100 on a bottle of booze cause it will last me 6 months or better cause i dont drink like i used to and would prefer to drink something that tastes good.....yet to find anything significantly better than Ketel so its what i buy......

oh and i would like to shoot whoever decided that Absolut is a "premium" vodka, crap tastes like $9 a bottle well vodka.....Stoli is half the price and twice as good....

That's awesome! He really did a good job at the video and in selling the vodka to the public. I want to get one of those badly now. Diamond filtered vodka? Wtf? I have to try it.

Diamond filtered vodka

Yeah, that part seems totally senseless to me - like those deserts at yuppie restaurants that have shaved gold flakes on it... No bigger FU to the poor than eating gold and drinking diamonds! LOL

Poor Dan.....reduced to peddling crappy, gimmicky booz. :lac:

Okay, sorry to Necrothread this, but I felt I should.

I acquired this vodka as a gift not too long ago, and I feel obliged to report. (I am currently sipping on a blend of it right now).

The bottle is indeed really cool. However, there is one small problem:

The vodka itself is crap, and I mean it is swill. Really it wouldn't be 'bad' if it had a price tag of oh.. lets say 15 bucks a fifth, but for 60 dollars, this vodka is the most overpriced bad vodka on the face of Earth.

It smells like rubbing alcohol. It tastes like rubbing alcohol. Even when mixed it tastes nasty.

Filtered through diamonds? Yeah, well if I had to guess I would say that diamonds do not have nearly as good filtration properties as other, less opulent composites of Carbon.

Two thumbs down, way down. Find the bottle on ebay if you want it.

My aunt bought a bottle of it after I mentioned it, she and her husband drank the booze but gave me the bottle, sadly it's not life size.

Well they do have two sizes of bottles, the fifth and then the (I think) half gallon, which would probably be more or less life-size. However the fifth is 60 dollars and the half gallon is 120 dollars. (here anyway)

Geezuz! I don't even drink so it ain't worth it!

Yup, the vodka tastes like crap, I bought it for the bottle, and a beautiful bottle it is. Would be cool to have the larger sized one.

Back