Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is priority mail necessary?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    i wont swap plants with someone that doesnt use priority.....
    There is an unwritten rule when trading plants that both people will use Priority mail. If you're not planning to ship via Priority mail & you don't tell the other person, you're creating an uneven / unfair trade and essentially ripping them off. My 1st D. derbyensis arrived after several weeks as green mush because the guy on the other side of the trade cheaped out & shipped via a slower method.

Swords - is that $4.25 rate real? The smallest one-rate box I've seen is $4.95 and the square 7" x 7" (or whatever size it is) is typically $4.80 or more iirc.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think $4.25 is for letters or documents.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be $4.95 now, I do recall it was $4.25 for one of those square boxes at one time! LOL

If you calculate and print your postage online you do get a discount & free shipping confirmation so I've been doing that now since I bought a printer again.

For the price of a kitchen scale at Target that maxes out at 5 lbs I got a 12" square shipping scale at Sams Club that weighs up to 400lbs both scales are the same price: $49.99. I'll never be able to put something that heavy on it but it's a far heavier duty scale than the Target one, just a tip for those of you shopping for a scale.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    $.10 cheaper to ship priority when using click n ship (online postage printing) So, $4.90 is the cheapest retail, and $4.80 for click n ship. That said, looking through my last 3 months of postage paid... The cheapest I found was $5.15. So the lowest rate must be only if it's shipped within your zip code or some ridiculous close destination

Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    It may be $4.95 now, I do recall it was $4.25 for one of those square boxes at one time! LOL
    Just mailed 5 packages. Most were the small one-rate boxes @ $4.95. One small box going 2 states away was also $4.95. The kicker was a standard sq 7" x 7" priority box going to the rocky mtns - $8.60 (& not that heavy). When I expressed some sticker shock - the lady just said - slightly over a pound & going a long distance. I used to send those same boxes everywhere in the USA for under $5.00 - even packed to the gills w/ potted plants - not any more!
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    For the price of a kitchen scale at Target that maxes out at 5 lbs I got a 12" square shipping scale at Sams Club that weighs up to 400lbs both scales are the same price: $49.99. I'll never be able to put something that heavy on it but it's a far heavier duty scale than the Target one, just a tip for those of you shopping for a scale.
    A possible issue here is accuracy. Every scale I've ever seen expresses it's accuracy as a % of the total capacity. If you're weighing letters on it, you may not be getting a good reading...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not so worried about sending letters - that's what email is for! LOL

For packages that weigh over an ounce or something it's doing good for me so far, haven't had any Ebay shipment's returned yet from incorrect postage/weight. When i got it home I weighed packaged things with known/printed weights and the scale registers correct so I feel confident using it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12