What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to ship seeds?

I know there is a way to ship seeds with the envelope 1/4in. no rollers.
I don't remember how.
I owe some sase seed but don't want them crushed.
How do I do this?
Thanks,
Zero

Use one of those puffy yellow envelopes or use a normal one but wrap that mini-bubble wrap around the seed packet.

Or with drosera seed, you really just need it wrapped in a napkin. For larger ones, bubble wrap is probably the best bet.

I've used a bubble envelope once, but it was soo flattened it was hard to believe it could have happened any other way then on purpose.
Does anyone know if US customs does that on purpose?

Well, so far my best luck has been with padded envelopes WITH bubble wrap....it's not as excessive as it seems.

The stiff cardboard mailers used for sending CDs/DVDs will not pass through the sorting machines. You'll probably have to pay the additional $0.20 non-machinable surcharge on top of any weight over 1 oz.

Wrap drosera seed a couple of times in paper towel, that will save them. Otherwise use foam wrapping, and wrap them in that.

I know what I'm talking about...

Back