An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we need a calander committee..each of the following need to be done
    1. decide on size and style
    2. price out printing costs
    3. find a member willing to act as treasurer, I volunteer our own site owner in exchage for advertising
    4. find a member with good graphical layout skills to do the set up
    5. figure on pricing, mailing methods, costs, etc.
    6. decide on the photos and photo layout, and if we want to include the plant's name, grower's name etc with the pictures
    7. decide where they would be mailed to..that person would have to handle all the shipping

I'm sure I'm missing a few things here, but i have rolled this snowball before
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a possible prize suggestion for those whose photos made the cut could be a free calender.
    " find a member with good graphical layout skills to do the set up" <-- i'd love to do this.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got some good photos...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    " find a member with good graphical layout skills to do the set up" <-- i'd love to do this.
    OK amphirion, your the first on the want to do list. I myself dont know where I fit in but do want to help , and am willing to offer my share of the funds, to get us going.

Should we start posting pics here for candidates,

PLEASE dont start posting pics till we get a little Input from everyone who has already shown interest here.

just trying to move a long a little . only have about 8 to 9 weeks before december , and I think that would be a good month tho shoot for , if thats at all possible. so there is time the sell them b-fore 2011,,,,,,,,,

by the way did anyone, feel the 10month 10thday 10thhour 10thminute 10thsecond roll by , it will be 100 years before we see it again.

PS if anyone is looking for calendar programs/ or printing options, I would like to request something with lunar phases on the days, and a grid type #days section , so we can keep with watering feeding treating our cps.

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be able to get the printing done. I'll look into it and post here later.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like it's going to be fun

If anyone is handy with photoshop maybe we could take a few pictures, rather than just one, and make a neat collage like layout. Doesn't have to be many pictures, just a couple to get more people involved and give a large enough spot to make it look nice, then maybe they could paste it back here and get a consensus?

Edit: Maybe each month featuring a different genus? And for the extra months maybe bragging rights to those that have won Pitcher or Plant of the Month based on a majority consensus as well?
    Last edited by F R e N c H 3 z; 10-11-2010 at 08:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by F R e N c H 3 z View Post
    This sounds like it's going to be fun

If anyone is handy with photoshop maybe we could take a few pictures, rather than just one, and make a neat collage like layout. Doesn't have to be many pictures, just a couple to get more people involved and give a large enough spot to make it look nice, then maybe they could paste it back here and get a consensus?
    i was thinking about 12 photos and they could be anything, from close up macros, to entire plants, to CPs in the wild, with as many genus representatives as possible. it'd be nice to have a few of the elusives, but a good ol' capensis does have a right to have a photo shoot. i'd take a few snap shots of my plants myself, but my camera isnt print worthy caliber.

oh and then below the pic but on the same page, a random blurb of the plant, photo credit, etc etc. you know, stuff?
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think various people could be incharge of the graphical skills and layout, this would add some skills some people may not have, or ideas. I would be willing to collaborate in that area. The person over looking this project can decide.

I think there should be a picture for each genus of CP. Utricularia's flowers, nepenthes' pitchers, etc.
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast