Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Terraforum 2011 calander

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @carnivore: the only problem with that suggestion is that different people have different preferences. too many people will cause problems. it's kinda like the same with having too many head cooks in the same kitchen working on the same dish. that's not to say we cant try---but when it comes to making decisions....that's going to be a toughie...

i guess we could design a mock calendar page, post it on this thread, and see which layout people like the best?
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps the members could give feedback, and each 'designer' could create their own version according to the feedback, and then they'd vote on their favourite, that way everyone has input.

Anyways I'd be willing to help in anything else if I'm needed.
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an example... OCPS 2008 calendar!
    <Heli> How are you guys losing your hamatas?
    <Brokken> Heli: The hamburglar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few nice pics of nep pitchers and such, feel free to use any of mine if you want.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think, perhaps the easiest way to do it, is use a place like shutterfly or something like that. you can order calendars from them, just upload your photos and presto! you would have someone in charge of collecting, uploading the photos, and anyone who wanted one would just pay him/her and they could order/ship one to you. if it's to be used for fundraising, just charge more than the actual cost, with the net profit going to the charity. of course, whoever was in charge, would be responsible for the $. that's just my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great thoughts every one , I checked a local printer here in the roanoke area of va , and he says we may have waited a little late, I dont think so but what do i know , I strech fabrick for a liking LOL.
    I somewhat agree that for this time around we should keep the design ideas to a minimum, so we can get moving ASAP, would like to see this for 2011, if we miss by a month so what . this first round could probably be January to January, with the next years calendar 2012(if this is a success) just overlapping by one month.
    Im checking the web address the guy here in roanoke gave me this evening , they have many options for pre layout designs,.
    Of course we can vote on a few designers to work together, if this has any success , and do it really nice next year.
    Im not opposed to giving over all the design options to one person, as long as they give a few ideas, and not just one ,and all can vote on their favorite idea. if their is more than one designer here then maybe they could alternate years.
    I do keep assuming this is going to be a nice thing to raise funds, and if it doesnt get to complicated it could become a yearly calendar.
    All the ideas are blending so im not going to remember who said what ill just make a few comments, with out the names.
    I like the idea of a 12 picture calendar, where each month folds up with next pic at the top , and the lower portion having a grid style daily calendar, large enough to make notes on each day, say 12 wide by 24 tall when open , or close to that, a bit larger or smaller would be fine.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Also we will have to have , permission to use pics. so if you want to post here if it is OK to use any of your pictures,
    I'll go , all of my pictures are public and I dont care if you or any one her uses any , if any of you remember one i posted that you like, I'll put it back up ,
    And please remember everybodys pics cant make it lets just enjoy what does , we see nice pics every day here. infact i have posted way too many on occasion , so im not going to add any for voting this time around, unless some one requests it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally, i think it would be better having a one of a kind template design rather than a dime-a-dozen. i took a glance at all their available templates---cute and homey, but not modern, bold, or CP-ish.

the amount of hard work placed into the design can up the price of the calander, and because it is well done, people are more willing to pay the higher price---provided that it is well done of course.

which leads to the next question, i saw on shutterfly options for desk and wall calendars--pursue one or the other...or both!

i'll post my idea of a calendar page later tonight.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PLEASE wall if at all possible , I have very little room for a desk calander and spill lots of soda and coffee, it would be ruined on the desk LOL, but if the desk is the peoples choice I have hung desk calendars before.
    way to work amph. seems you have some nice ideas on design.
    I want at least two , so I can have one at work, there is my order where do i send the check.
    Treasurer ?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast