What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terraforum 2011 calander

This is such a sweet idea! There's not enough months for all the beautiful plants that are grown on here though. I'm in, I'm afraid i don't have a lot of spectacular plants to offer pictures of, but I'd definitely buy a calender if you guys made one.

There should almost be Genus editions. Nepenthes Edition, Drosera Edition, Etc...

Hey Dexenthes, sounds like a good idea--but for now, i think it might be wiser to do an all inclusive calendar. maybe we can do genus calendars in the future if this initial project is successful!

Hey Jimmy, i was wondering if we have any deals or venues that we would like to pursue for printing?

This is a project started around September on the bearded dragon forum: www.beardeddragon.org (visible to visitors ;)) They get so many entries they have to do three or four calendars!

Next year, I vote for species calendars. That way everyone gets a chance of having at least one photo printed, and we can choose among our favorite genera to display on each wall. :-O

@lil stinkpot: that's the idea---but it heavily depends on this year's outcome. i wanted to include everything, because i was afraid we wouldnt have enough submissions. that being said, the photos i've been getting are verry sarr heavy, so there might be more sarr photos in the calendar.

Of course we can't do genus editions yet. It will be interesting to see how this year's even turns out. Something to think about though!

and for your information if we go through the deviantart way:
http://help.deviantart.com/698/

although---im not feeling the way how they designed the calander itself...

seems this is a good idea , though im not sure how we start the process, im a little computer handicapped, in these areas.
I do see lots fo pics coming in are there not enough at this point to start the voting process , we need an final day set to cut off the photo entries how about this week end oct 31st.
then the printing ideas and voting can begin, Any One?
I hate to see amphirion take this all on but he seems the best equipped so far.
This is a huge responsibility, may a little bit off the top for his efforts, again thoughts anyone?:blush:

hey jimmy---i already set the cut off date to the 30th (see the photo thread), i also said i was going to put the calendar all by myself. once original/unaltered photos are submitted, i'll create the calendar and post the pages online. we can then gage the interest of those who would like to purchase the calander. once when we hit a magic number (generate enough interest), we'll go into production. seems like the least expensive and efficient route to me.

in terms of judging--you might have noticed that i havent asked anyone specifically to add their photos to the thread, nor have i commented on specific photos either...this was done purposefully to be unbiased and that all would be welcome to participate.

if you have a better/more efficient idea, i am all ears. :)

If it happens I'll buy one.

Years ago I thought about doing 500 piece CP photo jigsaw puzzles but they are actually far more expensive than I imagined when you factor the mandatory minimum runs and box creation.

nopre that all sounds great , glad your up and running with this coo idea , thank you fro all the great work , I did miss the cutoff date , guess i just skipped right over it OOps.

hey jimmy, threw a pm at you? did you happen to get it?

Back