Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Autumn Wind-Storms

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Autumn Wind-Storms

Last night we had winds averaging 50 - 60 mph with gusts up to 86 mph! The power was out for 20 hours, and I'm honestly surprised that it is on at the moment. But since it is, I'll post some pics that I took on my ride into town which is less than 14 miles.

Many many things were blown over or down, including mailboxes, satellite dishes, and porta-potties. I feel bad for the sucker that has to clean that one up!

Along a stretch of newly constructed road, there were many trees that were blown down.

You'll have to excuse the blurriness, I was taking these while driving.

This was just an interesting bit of light coming through the clouds.

And something I had never seen before, a telephone pole that was just shattered by the wind.

And another telephone pole that will be needing repairs.

Total destruction! But this is also because a less than intelligent contractor decided to clear a hillside of trees, thus creating opportunities for the harsh winds to devastate the trees still standing, and have them block the road like these did.

And this is the reason why I am surprised that the power is actually back on. This, also, is the contractor's fault. In the near future, I will be asking the local governments how he will be held responsible for these damages made to public utilities.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pics, and pretty country. Looks like a crazy storm.

We had a windstorm a couple months back ago while I was at work. I was in the work truck when the gust front hit, and it literally exploded the passenger window into the truck cab. I had my new dslr out taking pics. I had just set it on the seat next to the window that blew right before it happened. The main lcd screen took a lot of damage I got a couple cuts but was otherwise ok; no glass in my eye! I was next to a remote weather station (work on an airfield - there's a bunch at random locations) and the gust the broke the window registered 96 mph. Crazy!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's wild! One of my mom's friends called and said that on the water it was actually 96 mph too! My girlfriend's living room window did the SAME thing, just shattered everywhere. Good thing you didn't take too much damage!
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586