What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello all, so word on the street is that Terraforums is trying to put together a CP calender.
So to clarify, WE ARE! :-O
But we need your help! Pictures Pictures Pictures!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RULES FOR SUBMISSION

If you're feeling up for it, please submit photos for use. However, because we want this to be a high quality, professional calendar, please adhere to the following guidelines:

2 replicates of the same photo should be made--one for web-viewing (72 dpi) and a second (stock) to actually use on the calendar (150+ dpi).

stock photos must be at least
12 x 12 inches
150 dpi

web-viewing photos should be no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. "paranoid" photographers are allowed to use watermarks on this photo.

post the web-viewing photo on this thread, and keep the stock photo in your possession. if your photo is chosen, i will contact you via pm/email so i can get the stock photo from you. please be aware that color balancing, adjustments, cropping and clipping will probably be used on your photos. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS BY 10/30 those whose photos are chosen will be notified by Nov 5th.

EDIT a good question was brought up- you may use photos that were submitted for previous contests, provided that they are your own photos, and you are not bound by any legalities to prevent duplication via another source.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT WE (erm I) ARE LOOKING FOR

for the 12 months i would like the following, species preferred, but anything goes, especially if you know how to present your plant (yes because im a species snob, and im putting this calendar together :-P-: )

please do not think that your plant might not make the cut because it is a common plant...a beautifully fully grown capensis sparkling in the light will have a much better running than an eddie the size of a dime....

Optimally, this is how I would like the calendar to be laid out. However, if we do not have any suitable photos for certain categories, other genre of CPs will be considered, even if they were already represented in the calendar.

January: Pinguicula
February: Drosophyllum
March: Sarraceinia
April: Darlingtonia
May: Nepenthes
June: Utricularia
July: Heliamphora
August: Aldrovanda
September: Dionaea
October: Drosera
November: Byblis
December: Cephalotus

it would be nice to have photos of both plants in cultivation and in the wild. here's the opportunity to make your prized plants famous AND show off your photography skills!
Thanks so much and LETS DO THIS! :boogie:

EDIT: and for those curious over how the photos will be laid out, heres a really REALLY rough draft:
mockcalendar.jpg
<--and no, this photo is not going to be used, it's just a mock up :p

Last edited:
I have the un-reduced ones on my comp hard drive for when you need them, here are my entries....

ceph.jpg

Novata_8-17.jpg

H-uncropped.jpg

Update: I changed some things around and re-cropped them to be more "Calendar-like".

Last edited:
OK. I lied :blush: i would like to enter a ceph since it will be one of the candidates.

My best ceph hummer shots.
IMG_3400-1hummercalendarhope.jpg
IMG_2934.jpg
And one of my best regular ceph pics.
IMG_2752-1bestregular.jpg

I couldn't decide.. but I narrowed it down to these. The rest is up to you. Looks like Jimmy has the ceph pics on lock down!! Very nice.. And I think I got the sizing right.. :scratch:

N. 'Black Knight' (ventricosa x ramispina)

BlackKnight.jpg

N. mirabilis var. echinostoma

echinostoma.jpg

N. spectabilis x ventricosa

ventxspec.jpg

Dew Bog

dewbog.jpg

VFTfood.jpg

capensis.jpg

VFT.jpg

D. binata var. dichotoma 'Giant'

dichoGiant.jpg

Home Grown D. rotundifolia

rotundifolia.jpg

Wild D. rotundifolia

wildrotunds.jpg

Additions

N. veitchii 'Gold'

100_6047-2.jpg

N. veitchii x lowii & N. boschiana x (spectabilis x veitchii)

100_6080-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nepenthes Sanguinea

Nepenthes Ventrata

Sarracenia purpurea

Sarracenia Something

Some Heliamphora's (no idea wich)

Nepenthes Mirabilis var. Globosa

Heliamphora + U. Reniformis

Last edited:
my unlikely submissions :blush:

DSCF5577.jpg

DSCF6909.jpg

Will the photos be used with it's original aspect ratio or will it be square?

4357053645_02c9b5c17e_z.jpg

3626241793_bb054bc17c_z.jpg

3298485121_90dfd3a556_z.jpg

thanks everyone so far for getting into this and contributing! let's keep on pouring photos in! great job everybody!

Nepenthes Singalana:
Singalana2.jpg

Drosera Capensis:
DroseraCapensis2.jpg

Venus Fly Trap:
VFT1.jpg

Minibog:
thisone7-1.jpg

WOW.. lol

I LOVE your pics Larry!!!! :-O

Liz, your sarr pic is Aahhhh... MAZING! :hail:

Tal, I want your last two sarr pics. Not the plants.. the pics. I want them blown up and framed in my house. :0o:

Kula.. all I have to say about your dew is: :drool:

Mass, your first nep pictures is very stunning and beautiful. I'm not even going to bother taking pics of any of my neps in comparison :-))

Drosera pulchella
IMG_1855.JPG

N. bical next to N. rafflesiana
IMG_2867.JPG

S. x Moorei
IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

Last edited:
Will the photos be used with it's original aspect ratio or will it be square?

Hey Larry, most likely, this will be a 12x12 (12 x24) calendar, so square.

I'd like to submit my humble Nepenthes bicalcarata
SANY0109.jpg

Last edited:
Mass, your first nep pictures is very stunning and beautiful. I'm not even going to bother taking pics of any of my neps in comparison :-))

Why thank you! I tried to pick out some good ones. Truth is I'll be surprised if one of my pics gets selected. Tough competition in the nep catagory.. tough competition for all species really. :hail:

Yeah, I assume bigbella or av8tor1 or someone else with a massive Heli-farm will drop some bomb Helis on this place so I shouldn't even bother with those either :oops:

Yeah, I assume bigbella or av8tor1 or someone else with a massive Heli-farm will drop some bomb Helis on this place so I shouldn't even bother with those either :oops:

i sure hope so....that being said, aldrovanda, pinguicula, darlingtonia, and byblis have nothing...hint hint HINT

Back