What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm shocked this guy didn't die making this video

• Thread starter Fred P
  • Start date
Looks like parts were sped up (not him, but the playback speed). Nevertheless, not only is he lucky to be alive, others are lucky also. He's a walking hazard and needs to have his driving privileges revoked. He's going to kill someone.

If my dad ever sees a cyclist coming down the road between a red lighted row of 2 cars, he will pull partially over and the cyclist has to stop.
I agree, nightsky.

That is INSANE. I had adrenaline pumping just watching that.

Hopefully he will take himself out before he kills an innocent person...
(and driving like that, it wont take long..)
when I hear stories about people like that crashing and killing themselves, I think "good..one less moron on the road"..

Scot

I'll drink to that Scot! :beer:

I don't know how to react. On one hand, the motorcycle rider has mad skills. It's an entertaining video with a good choice of music. But on the other hand, he is risking his life and the lives of a lot of other people. So many things could have gone wrong... Bottom line is that I would never risk my life in such a ridiculous fashion. This guy should be arrested for being so dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy isn't unique. There are several guys who make videos like this - some with a cult following - like Ghost Rider.

I rode when I was younger and truly loved it. I never did the insanely nuts stuff this guy did in traffic but I loved to get on twisty roads & power through corners. Although it was an incredible rush, I realized that my life wouldn't continue for very long if I kept riding. Sold my bike & figured I'd get another when I developed some 'maturity'. Haven't gotten there yet ... :-))

For more adrenaline-fueled videos - google 'wingsuit base jumping'. :0o:

Slichtly increased playback speed imho, especially were he moves through the traffic jam, but still amazing skills.
No way i could pull that off on my bike even at half the speed :p

If my dad ever sees a cyclist coming down the road between a red lighted row of 2 cars, he will pull partially over and the cyclist has to stop.
I agree, nightsky.

Lane splitting by two wheel vehicles is legal in California. There may be other states, I'm not sure. Although what this guy was doing, clearly wouldn't fall within the legal status of that law! Was impressive though, I give him props and shame him at the same time. *Hangs head low and nods in a "no" fashion*

There are others, ghost rider was popular a while back at least.

Andrew

watching that makes me wanna grill some food lol

Thread necromancy much? o_o

This guy isn't unique. There are several guys who make videos like this - some with a cult following - like Ghost Rider.

I rode when I was younger and truly loved it. I never did the insanely nuts stuff this guy did in traffic but I loved to get on twisty roads & power through corners. Although it was an incredible rush, I realized that my life wouldn't continue for very long if I kept riding. Sold my bike & figured I'd get another when I developed some 'maturity'. Haven't gotten there yet ... :-))

For more adrenaline-fueled videos - google 'wingsuit base jumping'. :0o:

+1 on the wingsuit base jumping

http://youtu.be/Ac0miuyXV4Q
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxMBCWfDV5Q[/URL]

This guy looks like what you'll easily find on typical nice night on the Southern State Parkway, Belt Parkway, LIE, Sunrise Highway, and many urban areas of good ol NY. Yeah, they die off, but not fast enough apparently as you'll always see dare-devil like stunts like this...

And I don't believe that video was sped up in any way, R1's and many a "foreign" bike are that fast....

oh wow that was intense

I'd have to call him an "expert idiot"

Back