Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SOEXCITED- Let Lolita Live!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buster1 View Post
    And with the 4 deaths in the past 4 months at Sea World.....

Not directed at you personally or an attempt to cause a big controversy, but freeing Kieko didn't turn out too well, and why do most people ignore the fact that animals in the wild also die. I imagine many more than 4 whales died in the wild in the past 4 months, its just those deaths are not played on the local news.
    And then again, those whales that died in the wild may have had nothing to do with human interaction, yet we're all aware of the unacceptable conditions they are subjected to at aquarium parks - therefore, those deaths are directly related to human interaction, no way you can doubt that...
    <Heli> How are you guys losing your hamatas?
    <Brokken> Heli: The hamburglar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. Howerver two of the deaths everyone keeps harping about were a mother and calf during birth (I imaging that happens in the wild - no human interaction needed). Actually the lifespan of whales is not definately known in the wild and if you listen to the PETA people who picket Seaworld regularly it is between 120 and 130 years.
    As to the point - not trying to make one- just stating a fact about Kieko, and my opinion just like you did yours - no need to get defensive and all riled up as I stated none of what I wrote was actually directed at you or your rally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then why mention it? everyone knows animals die sometime.
    my growlist: http://terraforums.com/forums/showth...306#post976306
    My pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/taliesin-ds/

<Exo> @Talie......You are the lord of all things blah....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually...you are.
    Like majorly.
    I'm all bubbly because this is my first rally and I hope to accomplish some good. This is what means alot to me. And here you are, doing your best to invalidate it. You and your sharing are something that just do not fit in here for anything. I mean, what does Keiko have to do with what I'm trying to do- get Lolita relocated.
    The fact is you're a negative Nancy, and definitely raining on my parade. You can keep saying you're not, but that's not gonna change the fact that you are. Like people are still going to get offended even though you say "No offense." Something says that you're the type of person who tells people they're a year closer to 50 at their birthdays instead of just smiling and saying "Happy Birthday!"
    And to play your game, fine, there were TWO premature deaths. One was 12 and the other was 25. Two in four months, whereas up until now, it's been less than one a year. Still too much, IMO. But that's not the point. And you're right, no one knows, but accurate guesstimates range from 40-80, so 60 is a good midpoint.

What it comes down to, your "opinion"/statement of fact is absolutely not relevant to me or what I'm doing and you're just being a troll, pretty much.
    Enjoy your day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, so those were the posters you were painting. Very nicely done. Love the art work. I do hope that everything goes well for you and I admire that you care so deeply about wildlife in general. I just wish the people that are being protested against felt the same way and would realize that its more entertaining to watch the animals be free than in captivity. I remember years ago I got to see some whales come up out of the ocean for air when I was on a boat. It was my 5th grade San Diego field trip.
    Anyways, I admire what your doing and keep up the good work. Our voices must be heard.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! way to go, I'm glad you will be participating in this rally. If I were not on the complete opposite side of the continent, I would do the same.

Here we see them passing by in pods off the shore. So spectacular. Just the fact that someone thought it would be a good idea to ever take a whale captive is so ridiculous.

If she doesn't get relocated successfully I hope someone sabotages their dilapidated prison.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never been to a rally. I used to be the kind who'd totally rally but never had the opportunity! Now that I have the opportunity I don't really care enough about anything to rally.

I totally support the relocation of lolita. I don't know anything about keiko or lolita, but I love whales just as much as the next guy so... hurray!

There should be some sort of authority to regulate all zoos as aquatic animal parks. I ASSUMED there was some sort of laws that would require standards etc. etc. if you wanted to have a permit to keep an animal like a whale/dolphin/elephant/seal/manatees/monkeys/tigers etc etc.

Get the park up to code or shut it down, that's the bigger picture that I'm seeing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FREE WILLY!.....erm, LOLITA!
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast