What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh dear god..

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    luck
A tornado has been spotted in my county. Wish me luck..:0o:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG :cry:

Be SO safe!
Please<3

Be safe Mass, we have warnings going on down here too.

I had to stand in a long hallway at my work for about 20 minutes this morning.

So the warning has ended. We are now on a tornado watch until 6pm. I made it!! For now..

Put your argentii outside!

F-7
:0o:
"Finger of GOD"!

Were you trying to find it or avoid it?

Had to go to the post office to ship some plants during the whole fiasco (dedication!).. Here's a few pics I snapped along the way.

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

looks like really heavy storm weather to me---but not threatening....at least the sky isnt green, or mammatus clouds...if you somehow managed to get a shot of a friggen wall cloud, that would have been epic....or scary depending on how close it is to your place.

Mammatus clouds are *usually* not a bad thing, I thought?

Ah well. You and your plants survived and that's what counts!
:hug:

Very nice storm pictures. The landscape reminds me alot of Georgia.

Mammatus are usually found at the backside of thunderstorms.

Mammatus clouds indicate there's unstable atmospheric pressure going on...
from wiki: "In the United States, sky gazers may be most familiar with the very distinct and more common cumulonimbus mammatus. When occurring in cumulonimbus, mammatus are often indicative of a particularly strong storm or maybe even a tornadic storm. "

Over here when you see them, it usually means (95% of the time) that the storm has just passed.

Back