User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 38

Thread: NE CP meet.

  1. #25
    Sarracenia Collector Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,946
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exo View Post
    PA would be reasonable....but I don't know the state well, so I'd need lots of help with the planning......heck, as it is I need help with planning.
    Ooh!!!
    Pittsburgh probably too far away, huh?
    Cause there is a Phipp's Garden Center, charges rent, but that's where the Orchid Society Meetings are. Afterwards, go over to Phipps itself and see the carnivores there.
    The local nursery has a few Sarrs, including Bug Series, common plants but good quality for $8, I could ask them...
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

  2. #26
    Tastes like chicken! Exo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Albion, NY
    Posts
    2,895
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awgaupp View Post
    Ooh!!!
    Pittsburgh probably too far away, huh?
    Cause there is a Phipp's Garden Center, charges rent, but that's where the Orchid Society Meetings are. Afterwards, go over to Phipps itself and see the carnivores there.
    The local nursery has a few Sarrs, including Bug Series, common plants but good quality for $8, I could ask them...
    Hmm.....any idea how much the rent costs?
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

    My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

    Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

  3. #27
    Sarracenia Collector Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,946
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exo View Post
    Hmm.....any idea how much the rent costs?
    Nope.
    The next meeting is Nov. 21... I can find out then.
    SGcvn69 is also from PGH, and I actually was the person who told her to come on here... I can't arrange something all by myself!
    And ten_roaches, I know is around here, never met him in person though.
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

  4. #28
    Taargus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Florida
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how many other NY growers would be interested but I certainly would. I'm close to Poughkeepsie NY right now, kinda not so close to you though.

    This year was the first I was able to go to the NECPS show, mostly due to sheer luck. I can't however go to the meetings. It is about a 3 hr. drive from where I'm at right now and I can't regularly take an entire day off to go. I would definitely be interested in doing something with some other growers a bit further north. I saw there was some talk of a NYC group starting up a while ago, but I don't think it happened. So even if it just starts out as something small and not so official, let me know I'd be glad to help out if I can.

  5. #29
    Tastes like chicken! Exo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Albion, NY
    Posts
    2,895
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taargus View Post
    I don't know how many other NY growers would be interested but I certainly would. I'm close to Poughkeepsie NY right now, kinda not so close to you though.

    This year was the first I was able to go to the NECPS show, mostly due to sheer luck. I can't however go to the meetings. It is about a 3 hr. drive from where I'm at right now and I can't regularly take an entire day off to go. I would definitely be interested in doing something with some other growers a bit further north. I saw there was some talk of a NYC group starting up a while ago, but I don't think it happened. So even if it just starts out as something small and not so official, let me know I'd be glad to help out if I can.
    Thanks....I'd like to keep it in state if I can, I just need to find a location that everyone can get to. My job also prevents me from traveling very far....that's why I am at least trying to keep it nearby somewhere.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

    My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

    Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

  6. #30
    Taargus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Florida
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense, Pittsburgh is def. too far for me. Who else is in NY? Maybe we can figure out someplace in the middle for everyone.

  7. #31
    I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jafvortex93 View Post
    @exo i know agwaupp is, not sure how open his parents would be for that tho. elgecko is from PA as well i believe.

    @liz i hope i dont have work that weekend!!! seeing as its shopping season tho, ill probably be working weekends for the next 2 months =[
    Yep, I'm from PA. So that sounds great to me.....
    I'd even go south. Planning another trip to the Okefenokee Swamp. Have it around that area and see some plant in person.



    For those who have Facebook and want to see some back-country pics of the Okefenokee / Everglades trip I took...
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000293806357


    My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

  8. #32
    Sarracenia Collector Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,946
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taargus View Post
    Makes sense, Pittsburgh is def. too far for me. Who else is in NY? Maybe we can figure out someplace in the middle for everyone.
    I know what You're saying.
    Idk, but depending if you guys can make it, Longwood is supposed to have a nice CP garden.
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone going to NECPS meet?
    By thez_yo in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 01:47 PM
  2. Pleased to meet me
    By swords in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 03:55 AM
  3. Meet the Neocons
    By zappafan in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 10:34 PM
  4. Meet Pixie :-)
    By Trapper7 in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 08:17 AM
  5. Please to meet you
    By Kappa in forum Introduce Yourself!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 10:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •